Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looks like I made it!

Just had a frustrating sign-up process but appear to be online now. Have worked in print engine design/manufacturing for years over my career.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: Looks like I made it!

Welcome to the forum!
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Welcome
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Wink Re: Looks like I made it!

I guess I'm not there yet. I think this is the hazing part, wish me luck for hell week!

Unhappy Re: Looks like I made it!

Am I being chastised? Or not aware that a scarlet letter "A" has been pinned to my burnoose?
    Are we living in a Black Mirror world following the spirt of episode from season 3, "Nosedive"?
    Capture.jpg

Anyone that looks over the message thread of what I'm had to navigate to get online the site would appreciate the playful demeanor. I'm sure I'll enjoy the site but not excited to be under mob rule (albeit a digital version of).

EDIT: Intended to include this link to Wikipedia in regards to my reference to "Nosedive"

Lightbulb Re: Looks like I made it!

And I would submit that anyone having read that message thread would recognize it as a very informative user case.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Looks like I made it!

Quote Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
    Am I being chastised? Or not aware that a scarlet letter "A" has been pinned to my burnoose?
    Are we living in a Black Mirror world following the spirt of episode from season 3, "Nosedive"?
    Capture.jpg

Anyone that looks over the message thread of what I'm had to navigate to get online the site would appreciate the playful demeanor. I'm sure I'll enjoy the site but not excited to be under mob rule (albeit a digital version of).
    you need to read the forum rules.. snide snarky talk is something that gets you red cards.

you didn't follow SOP here to be able to post.... and PMing people just because you failed to follow SOP is annoying .

And yet what controls are in place to monitor the adequateness of said SOPs? How frequently is the site's UX design and, UX for that matter, evaluated? Is there at least an established curriculum to learn the SOPs?

Could someone please help me feel even more like I'm the Villain? Please start with this excerpt from my message thread (which included me asking for help on an issue that has not been resolved btw) regarding getting onto this site:
    "PLEASE take this in the context of professional feedback it is intended: Who the flip-flap cares if the directions are in somewhere on the site - if a user can't locate something that important within 5 minutes, believe me the problem isn't with what the user does or does not do with following directions. I think about my time in product development (and I'm sure other areas of business). The quickest way to the status quo and the end is telling the customer it's THEIR fault. **Tries to get down from his soap box**"

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Looks like I made it!

Quote Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
    And yet what controls are in place to monitor the adequateness of said SOPs? How frequently is the site's UX design and, UX for that matter, evaluated? Is there at least an established curriculum to learn the SOPs?

Could someone please help me feel even more like I'm the Villain? Please start with this excerpt from my message thread (which included me asking for help on an issue that has not been resolved btw) regarding getting onto this site:
    "PLEASE take this in the context of professional feedback it is intended: Who the flip-flap cares if the directions are in somewhere on the site - if a user can't locate something that important within 5 minutes, believe me the problem isn't with what the user does or does not do with following directions. I think about my time in product development (and I'm sure other areas of business). The quickest way to the status quo and the end is telling the customer it's THEIR fault. **Tries to get down from his soap box**"
    1) I am not admin.
    2) you PM'd me 5 times and I told you that you didn't follow procedures to be able to post.
    3) then you post snarky comments about CTN.
    4) Admin is a working tech also just like most of us here... did you even message admin in your flurry of PM's to me? Didn't think so.
    5) you are an end user that thinks it should be run YOUR WAY... this ain't Burger King.
    6) read the forum rules https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules
    7) read the FAQ's https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/faq.php
    8) none of us get paid to help other users out...

Question Re: Looks like I made it!

OK, I'm trying to consider your comments but need to ask for your help first. You keep using the acronym, "CTN" - I've seen you use it 4-5 times now in our messages and forum posts. I have no idea what it means. I consulted the internet and none of these seem to fit the context: CTN - What does CTN stand for? The Free Dictionary
    It may very well have been explained before but do not remember that. Could you please let me know what that means?