Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Xerox Colorqube 8870

Xerox Colorqube 8870

i have an error 93,983 i've read the service manual and it refers to a Service Bulletin T7999

does anyone happen to have access to this service bulletin? or any tips?

drum heater failed open circuit (likely the thermal fuse, but i couldn't dismantle the drum to replace it), replaced the drum assembly & now this error has come up - magenta ink is not overfilled in the print head (level looks the same as the others)

please heeelp

Re: Xerox Colorqube 8870

hi, there, you may need to replace the printhead along with the magenta inks.
    Certain lots of magenta ink may clog the printhead or disrupt the ink level sense probe. This may result in the machine declaring a 93,983 magenta Ink Obstruction fault. If the failure is pronounced enough it may cause magenta ink to overflow its ink fill funnel and collect at the head tilt gears. This may cause the machine to declare a 91,720 or 91,722 head tilt fault.

replace the printhead, Clean any ink overflow, particularly in the head tilt gear area. Remove all magenta ink sticks from the ink loader. Be sure to remove the stick in contact with the magenta ink melter. Inspect the customer's supply of magenta ink. Determine if the lot codes on the hologram label match the bad ink lot list. Mark any suspect ink DO NOT USE.
    Last edited by lalabird; 10-27-2019 at 06:25 AM.