Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

toners not recognised

We have a customer with a xerox 6605dn which we supplied a few months ago refurbished. It had good original toners fitted when we supplied it. They have gone to change the toners and no matter which they use. (Original or compatibles). It will not recognise them. We have investigated this on line and have come across some info to do with being locked into a contract. i.e. if the machine was under contract to Xerox it may have been locked in on a pence per copy system and has not been cleared when intraded therefor will only work on toners supplied by them presumably something set in the chips. Unfortunately we do not know where this one came from so no trace available.

Anyone have any ideas on this issue and if there is a way of unlocking it so it will use replacement toners. Either original or compatible. They have tried a factory reset but has not helped

Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    toners not recognised

Re: toners not recognised

Quote Originally Posted by stobby2 View Post
    We have a customer with a xerox 6605dn which we supplied a few months ago refurbished. It had good original toners fitted when we supplied it. They have gone to change the toners and no matter which they use. (Original or compatibles). It will not recognise them. We have investigated this on line and have come across some info to do with being locked into a contract. i.e. if the machine was under contract to Xerox it may have been locked in on a pence per copy system and has not been cleared when intraded therefor will only work on toners supplied by them presumably something set in the chips. Unfortunately we do not know where this one came from so no trace available.
    Anyone have any ideas on this issue and if there is a way of unlocking it so it will use replacement toners. Either original or compatible. They have tried a factory reset but has not helped
    Thanks
    1) never found reliable compatible toners for this model ( nor most xerox units )

2) there are several classes of supplies for xerox machines. Retail? Contract and I think Gov't installations ( military etc. ) have another class. To switch between classes you have to contact Xerox Corp to change it over.

That is one reason ( price OF supplies and service parts and having to deal with corp support techs ) I really don't care for their products nor any unit using their engines.