Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

DELL C1765nf no power

i have a customer with a dell 1765 that had a fuser issue so i went to replace it and after replacing it i have a power issue, when turning on the machine the fan will turn on for about 1 second then go off, so some power is going to the machine but doesnt seem like its lasting i checked the boards and they look okay no broken pieces so if anyone has any advice that would be greatly appreciated

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DELL C1765nf no power

Re: DELL C1765nf no power

Nothing constructive except tossing it.

Most of the Dell printers were meant as throwaways. I worked on them since Dell started selling them up to the point where they dumped the business.

Dell's were just rebranded Xerox, Lexmark, Samsung (before HP bought them), Brother (after HP bought Samsung).

They were all mostly junk.

I always looked at the C1760/C1765's as a "three or four part" printer.

C1760
    Feed
    Xerographics / Imaging
    Electronics / Fuser

C1765
    Feed
    Xerographics / Imaging
    Electronics / Fuser
    Scanning Unit

Everything is stacked on top of the next. So, if there was something wrong with the imaging part, you had to remove the scanner unit, electronics, & fuser to get to it and at the cost these were sold at (and lack of parts) made these throwaways.

Re: DELL C1765nf no power

Looks like I'm too late on this thread to be any real help, but in my opinion this is the power supply rather than any interlocks, it sounds like the power supply can't completely turn on. One diagnostic piece to look for when this is the issue is that the PS will make an audible whine, chirp or other high pitched noise if I'm right.

Solution in this case is to replace either the entire PS, or to find the broken component (usually a capacitor) and replace it, if you have the time.

yes, the Dells are generally throw-aways, but since there were so many sold the parts are readily available.