Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    KonicaMinolta bizhub-40p Printer, MS-DOS driver

bizhub-40p Printer, MS-DOS driver

Customer had a little Brother printer working "well" with their (you won't believe it) MS-DOS software and LPR connection. Now I had to replace the printer with an less older bizhub 40p which has also the old LPR line printer terminal. The Brother and according to the customer also the Kyocera where working well but the bizhub is asking for a driver. IF I would find a compatible driver such as an old HP driver I do not know how to install it in MS-DOS. All too long ago.

Is there a workaround? Any idea please to get out of this situation?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: KonicaMinolta bizhub-40p Printer, MS-DOS driver

You don't need to install printer driver under DOS. In DOS each application have it's own printer drivers.
    If your printer isn't in list of supported by their application printers you can try to use one of supported and see if it works.
    Another way is if this bizhub supports emulation to choose some standard one and see if their app can use it.
    Good luck
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Guess even the Flintstones needs to print.
    Find a KM B20 somewhere?
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    You don't need to install printer driver under DOS. In DOS each application have it's own printer drivers.
    If your printer isn't in list of supported by their application printers you can try to use one of supported and see if it works.
    Another way is if this bizhub supports emulation to choose some standard one and see if their app can use it.
    Good luck
    Thanks, I forgot completely how to handle printers under MS-DOS.
    Customer is rather large and important to me but hard to reach their location since under high security. That might be the reason MS-DOS application is still in use. Nobody wants to touch that tricky environment.

A previous BH-20p (a Brother clone) worked well so I hoped the BH-40p would do too.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Thanks, I forgot completely how to handle printers under MS-DOS.
    Customer is rather large and important to me but hard to reach their location since under high security. That might be the reason MS-DOS application is still in use. Nobody wants to touch that tricky environment.

A previous BH-20p (a Brother clone) worked well so I hoped the BH-40p would do too.

Hans
    If all else fails try using the HP 4 driver which is based on standard driver language. We've used this old driver on many old printers & copiers when no driver available. Only thing is you lose all the options, etc that would be available with correct driver.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    If all else fails try using the HP 4 driver which is based on standard driver language. We've used this old driver on many old printers & copiers when no driver available. Only thing is you lose all the options, etc that would be available with correct driver.
    Thanks

Ultimate stupid question: Where to load eventually that HP4 driver? In the software application or somewhere on the PC?

Hans