Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Memjet C6010 "Printhead Invalid or Missing" error

Memjet C6010 "Printhead Invalid or Missing" error

We have a few of these new in box that my boss wants to sell. I'm set one up, and get a "Printhead Invalid or Missing" error, so I try another... and another, and with 4 printers (Still factory sealed) I get the exact same message!!

I've got the user guide and am following setup procedure to the letter....but nothing seems to work.

I welcome any and all suggestions at this point....including the use of gravity or firearms to open up the covers and look inside.

.....help.

Re: Memjet C6010 "Printhead Invalid or Missing" error

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    We have a few of these new in box that my boss wants to sell. I'm set one up, and get a "Printhead Invalid or Missing" error, so I try another... and another, and with 4 printers (Still factory sealed) I get the exact same message!!

I've got the user guide and am following setup procedure to the letter....but nothing seems to work.

I welcome any and all suggestions at this point....including the use of gravity or firearms to open up the covers and look inside.

.....help.
    dont have one of these but maybe storage wise since these are old, the contacts on the printhead or contacts inside the printer may have oxidized a bit. Like good old Nintendo NES carts, you needed to buff/scuff up the contacts a bit to get rid of the oxidation and it works. Not sure what it looks like inside the printer since the printhead pic looks like it has a long row of contacts.