Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: KIP 890

KIP 890

Hello to all,

Last year I rebuilt all 3 color developers in this KIP 890 (banding issues). Everything was fine until a few weeks ago. Now I have this 1/4" "noisy" partial void down the center of Cyan and Magenta. I swapped Yellow and Cyan developers and the problem moved with the Cyan, cluing me in to a possible problem with the developers but what? They were fine when I installed them. I also replaced the regulation rollers. I have called KIP and am NOT getting much love from them. I'm told it could be the belt but not sure how that can be if Yellow and Black are perfectly clean!

Take a quick look at these samples. The first one is the normal pattern with everything in its place. The second one is with Yellow and Cyan swapped. Also, you can see that it appears darker on the right side of the void. It can't be density blocks because it's right down the middle of block 2.

Dropbox - IMG_5649.jpg - Simplify your life
    Dropbox - IMG_5656.jpg - Simplify your life

Thanks!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    KIP 890

Re: KIP 890

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjross View Post
    Hello to all,

Last year I rebuilt all 3 color developers in this KIP 890 (banding issues). Everything was fine until a few weeks ago. Now I have this 1/4" "noisy" partial void down the center of Cyan and Magenta. I swapped Yellow and Cyan developers and the problem moved with the Cyan, cluing me in to a possible problem with the developers but what? They were fine when I installed them. I also replaced the regulation rollers. I have called KIP and am NOT getting much love from them. I'm told it could be the belt but not sure how that can be if Yellow and Black are perfectly clean!

Take a quick look at these samples. The first one is the normal pattern with everything in its place. The second one is with Yellow and Cyan swapped. Also, you can see that it appears darker on the right side of the void. It can't be density blocks because it's right down the middle of block 2.

Dropbox - IMG_5649.jpg - Simplify your life
    Dropbox - IMG_5656.jpg - Simplify your life

Thanks!

how dirty is the machine with paper dust?

genuine OEM toner or 3rd party?

did you use OEM parts for the rebuild?