Senior Tech 100+ Posts

dell E525w lit, blank screen

I don't know if there's anyone that has had experience on these. I can't find service manuals. I'm not even sure what the equivalent model is. It seems like maybe lexmark. Originally I had to find & remove a stuck piece of paper in the fuser. When I got it together again, the screen lights up, but there is no text/image. An info search has turned up nothing so far. People have written in for the same problem, but the best they could tell them was 'contact a dell service representative. there was a procedure for a panel lock function, but this is useless because the screen cannot be read. Not to mention it hasn't been turned on in the first place. I have rechecked the connections multiple times. I can still make it copy, though, when I hit the start key. Haven't tried printing yet, some of those other posts says you can. It is much appreciated if any light could be shed on the problem. Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: dell E525w lit, blank screen

Since you said it started after a repair, if you had to unplug the board did you have to flip a ribbon cable lock, it sounds like the seating still. If you forced it out the cable may have damage or if you had to force it in. Once i had luck reversing a ribbon cable but i'm not sure it has a removable connection at the display. If the cable isn't in perfectly or you possibly damaged one of the ribbon contacts.

Even if you have to order the cable if it comes off both sides. Stick with it a while. Of course if you try a new cable and sure its locked in properly look at the display.

Units 2015 so may want to upgrade.

Just some ideas for you!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Like 40yearsplus suggested. Double-check the connections.

This is a Xerox unit. Not sure of the exact model. We were loosing the account that had Dell printers, so, I never had first hand experience on this model. Plus, by the time this model came out, Dell was getting out of the printer business.

Check connector S16 on the ESS board.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks to everyone. I tightened the sj16 ribbon connection by inserting a slip of paper underneath the cable. Display came right up & was legible.

Can you direct me to where I find the "connector S16 on the ESS board"? I'm not a technician but a handy end-user.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Like 40yearsplus suggested. Double-check the connections.

This is a Xerox unit. Not sure of the exact model. We were loosing the account that had Dell printers, so, I never had first hand experience on this model. Plus, by the time this model came out, Dell was getting out of the printer business.

Check connector S16 on the ESS board.