Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Epson ET-4750 print quality

Epson ET-4750 print quality

Hi,

A good customer sent me the email below about a printer he uses in home office. Normally would tell a customer to throw out an inkjet printer and buy a laser printer but he has only had this $500 Epson less than 2 years! Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

So, the printer is an Epson ET-4750. The printer started out printing very faded copies a few days ago. I performed the “print head cleanings” and "power cleanings” through the maintenance setting on the printer. It would work fine for 20-30 pages and then the copies would get faded again. The other day I had to replace the “Maintenance Box” as it indicated that it was full. I thought it was fixed, as it printed fine for about a day. Now the printer doesn’t print at all, when you do a test check of the lines, all colors are missing most of the lines.

Called Epson for technical support, Long story - short, the technician says it's a software problem. I have to think something is clogging the print heads, but what do I know.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts rapo_tech's Avatar

Re: Epson ET-4750 print quality

Remove the printhead and push hot water through it using syringe and some tube/line.
    This way u will know if the printhead is clogged.

I have soaked printhead in water (don´t get water on electronics) several hours and got rid of some cloggings.

Another thing you should look is the cleaning assy.
    Are there any paper debry?
    Is the rubber seal in good shape?
    You can clean the assy carefully with alcohol.