Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    OKI C844 Long delay when print job sent to printer Intermittent

The customer say that when a print job is sent to this printer they will wait several minutes until the print job is printed (occasionally). The job will be sent and the printer will start running and nothing happens. A firmware update was done and I replaced the black drum thinking it may be a calibration issue. The error log has several "receiving data timeout" error 519 in the life of the machine (8 or 9). Customer states that it happens randomly and when no specific file type is printed. It is a large company and this problem does not occur on any other printers. Any help will sure be appreciated !!! Thanks
    Last edited by Doug James; 07-07-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: OKI C844 Long delay when print job sent to printer Intermittent

Looks like this model is discontinued. Maybe they are printing pictures and it just takes the printer longer to process the data than they are used to?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Looks like this model is discontinued. Maybe they are printing pictures and it just takes the printer longer to process the data than they are used to?
    Appreciate your response, The data stalls while printing different formats. The software used looks like 2018ish. Also there is a older model Sharp copier sitting next to it and runs the same print jobs and doesn't seem to have that issue. One problem I am having, it's tough to diagnose because, so far, I have not been able to duplicate the problem... Thanks again for your response !! Much Appreciated !!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Appreciate your response, The data stalls while printing different formats. The software used looks like 2018ish. Also there is a older model Sharp copier sitting next to it and runs the same print jobs and doesn't seem to have that issue. One problem I am having, it's tough to diagnose because, so far, I have not been able to duplicate the problem... Thanks again for your response !! Much Appreciated !!
    Reinstall the driver. Is it connected with a network cable and a fixed IP port? Try changing the IP address if tested

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    The customer say that when a print job is sent to this printer they will wait several minutes until the print job is printed (occasionally). The job will be sent and the printer will start running and nothing happens. A firmware update was done and I replaced the black drum thinking it may be a calibration issue. The error log has several "receiving data timeout" error 519 in the life of the machine (8 or 9). Customer states that it happens randomly and when no specific file type is printed. It is a large company and this problem does not occur on any other printers. Any help will sure be appreciated !!! Thanks
    Hi,

You cab adjust the data time out in OKI Printer.
    Go to Admin - Print Setup - Print Menu - Print adjust - Data Time out or time out injob
    Reinstall the PCL driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
    Hi,

You cab adjust the data time out in OKI Printer.
    Go to Admin - Print Setup - Print Menu - Print adjust - Data Time out or time out injob
    Reinstall the PCL driver.
    I set the time out for 5 seconds and reloaded the drivers and it looks like it worked. Thanks so much !!!