Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

OKI B2540 fuser temp error

i have checked the thermistor and thermal fuse and have a copy of the service manual. The manual says press the down arrow, then # them T but it also say to "set the 8 bit parameter installation configuration 1 to 1" before pressing the keys. No where in this manual can I find where to set that dip switch Help please from a 20 year tech( who is a little embarrassed to ask how to fix this darn little printer).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    just heard back from OKI and the answer is... press down arrow, then * then # this will give you sos1 and sos2 , press okay, you will get eight bit binary, change left bit from 0 to 1 then ok, press red stop button. Now press down arrow, then # and finally the T button. Power down the printer then power on. Go back in and change the first bit back to 0 and you should have your printer back!

Now why can't they put that into the service manual!
    BTW I have the service manual if anyone needs it!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Don't beat yourself up too much. Oki writes some terrible manuals. Incomplete at best. Even when they've rebadged a Sharp, for example, they still write their own abbreviated version of the manual.

This is good information. I'll add it into my spreadsheet for future reference. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

jlmori

Service Manual

Quote Originally Posted by dudley View Post
    just heard back from OKI and the answer is... press down arrow, then * then # this will give you sos1 and sos2 , press okay, you will get eight bit binary, change left bit from 0 to 1 then ok, press red stop button. Now press down arrow, then # and finally the T button. Power down the printer then power on. Go back in and change the first bit back to 0 and you should have your printer back!

Hi, dudley,

I'd like to receive this Service Manual...

Could you send me, please?

Thank you in advance!!

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Re: OKI B2540 fuser temp error

Thanks It works for me.

samdd

Hi Buddy,

Please share the service manual. I am in need of one. Thank you..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi,
    Please i need this manual

Volker

Useful information, thanks.
    Questions:
    1) Is the eight bit binary you mention the sos1?
    2) What is the T button? I have looked in the user manual and could not identify anything that fits.

And, please, could I get a copy of the service manual?

Best regards, Volker

Volker

There are not many Oki b2540 posts, so I'll just ask this question here: I have a b2540 but all but one of my machines are now Windows 7 or 8, 64 bit.
    What can I do about a printer driver? Oki doesn't support this.

tks for your input.

Hi Dudley,

I read your original post on this thread + all the replies that follow.
    I have a very old OKIDATA MB280 MFP and it's giving the message:
    PRINTER ERROR
    FUSER TEMP.
    Based on your post, I suspect I'll be able to correct my problem by following your instructions that I've repeated here:

“just heard back from OKI and the answer is... press down arrow, then * then # this will give you sos1 and sos2 , press okay, you will get eight bit binary, change left bit from 0 to 1 then ok, press red stop button. Now press down arrow, then # and finally the T button. Power down the printer then power on. Go back in and change the first bit back to 0 and you should have your printer back!”

I understand them very specifically as these actual steps:
    1. press down arrow
    2. then *
    3. then # … this will give you sos1 and sos2 , press okay … you will get eight bit binary, change left bit from 0 to 1 then ok
    4. press red stop button
    5. now press down arrow
    6. then #
    7. and finally the T button
    PS: note: I think I read somewhere else that the T button is on the little physical keyboard that might be on some old OKI printers like my MB280.
    8. Power down the printer then power on.
    9. Go back in and change the first bit back to 0 and you should have your printer back!

My Question is this. On my old MB280, I’m at step 0 by which I mean … I’ve just powered the machine on and it can’t do anything because it’s showing me its “PRINTER ERROR FUSER TEMP” message.

If I start by “press down arrow” (like your instructions say) I only get a set of screens that let me scroll through these 8 selections, before I loop back to 1. again.
    1. Directory
    2. Setup
    3. Fax
    5. Print (note: there’s no 4.)
    6. Commands
    7. Mailboxes
    8. Advanced FCT
    0. Media (note: there’s no 9.)

So when I use your instructions that start by saying “press down arrow” it’s impossible for me to continue with your instructions …. press *, then #, etc. etc.

I also went through all 8 selections (above) that I can make after the 1st press down arrow (thinking one of them might let me continue with the rest of your sequence) but none of them let me continue to try to enter the sequence you described.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I hate to scrap this machine when the fix seems so close.
    (I know it's an old machine, but it was still functioning fine, up until yesterday when my wife disconnected it’s power while doing some “housekeeping” ☹)