Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OKI ES3640e GA

hi have you had any luck i have the same problem

ES3640GA

No. My equipment is still dead. I also need the firmware. I have a firmware update exe but it was useless to me. When you launch it you will see the ES3640e option.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you ill try it and let you know

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Guys I have 6 of these machines and was trying to experiment a lot - what interesting is - If HDD taken from working machine and put in to the one that does not recognize toners - it works so It is most likely to do with the what machine think of itself when it boots from HDD.
    I haveinstalled Linux on one of my computers and trying to CLONE a HDD but so far got "Unathorized Software" message. Well for $750 a pop ($550 refurbished) I have alot of motivation to sucseed.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    By the way - this question was never answered - Person who did "NV RAM Initial" most likely was trying to reset some consumables.
    You need a $0.5 fuse to reset each drum and fuser, can't go around toner chips - quit trying.

Technician
    I've just had the same issue resolved. Unfortunately it involved turning the machine over to Oki themselves.
    The machine has lost all of it's market location identity and has reverted to the C9800 G model as a default.
    I suspected the controller board but whilst on an Oki training course was told that the 2 eeproms and HDD had to be returned to the factory for 're-writing', I just got it back and its working perfectly.
    I got the impression that they are aware of the fault occurring on its own as in my case where I hadnt done anything like the NVRAM init.

There is a patch(firmware) for this problem, you need to download it from Oki Website, there is two versions the 3640e and the GA version. I have both. and it will recover the machine to its original state.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by LA TECH View Post
    There is a patch(firmware) for this problem, you need to download it from Oki Website, there is two versions the 3640e and the GA version. I have both. and it will recover the machine to its original state.
    Thanks for that but with the fault I had the machine wouldn't engage on any level. I was unable to run the firmware, unless theres a more 'forceable' way of running it ?

patch for OKIES3640GA

Could you send me the patch file for the ES3640GA please? I can't find it on the OKI website.
    Thank you!

"Guys I have 6 of these machines and was trying to experiment a lot - what interesting is - If HDD taken from working machine and put in to the one that does not recognize toners - it works so It is most likely to do with the what machine think of itself when it boots from HDD.
    I haveinstalled Linux on one of my computers and trying to CLONE a HDD but so far got "Unathorized Software" message. Well for $750 a pop ($550 refurbished) I have alot of motivation to sucseed. "

You have to clone the HDD and also the key asp chip (rom 1 on the board). You only need a serial programmer for that 24c02 eeprom. The HDD, having an unique licence serial is protected by that chip. For cloning use Rdriveimage software.