Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

HP Pro x476dw - ERROR: Print head missing or not detected or incorrectly installed

Good day

I have an HP Officejet PRO X476dw that displays the following error on startup: "Printhead missing, not detected or incorrectly installed. Error code 0xc6fd0008"

We have recently started selling these boxes, and most were covered by next day warranty, except for this one - even its one year warranty has run out.

With the bulk of these HP swopped machines that gave similar errors because of the extended warranty.

How can i confirm that replacing the print bar assembly will fix the problem?

I have followed all the troubleshooting info I could find on this matter. but nothing seems to get the machine working.

I would like to confirm this before ordering the part.

The machine has all good inks in and a factory reset did not help. I checked all the ribbon cables and reseated them all, but no improvement.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Technician

Re: HP Pro x476dw - ERROR: Print head missing or not detected or incorrectly installe

What is the factory reset code for this machine. I'm having the same problem on my end. HELP!!!!!

Matt-MBM

Technician

Re: HP Pro x476dw - ERROR: Print head missing or not detected or incorrectly installe

Quote Originally Posted by Matty54 View Post
    What is the factory reset code for this machine. I'm having the same problem on my end. HELP!!!!!

Matt-MBM
    Hi..how did u fix problem? having the same issue

Thanx

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColinLouw View Post
    Hi..how did u fix problem? having the same issue

Thanx
    Hi

Sorry to give you bad news. Short of replacing the print head assembly there is no easy fix. Here in RSA the head costs more than the device!

Soon after we started having this problem, HP started supplying factory reman units on a swopout basis for these errors. Catch is that there must still be either factory warranty or next business day warranty. They will also not take back devices that are out of warranty, we even offered them to HP at no cost to them, but no go.
    Press the GREEN button!!