Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Oki CX4545 Wait and startup

Have an Oki CX4545 that goes into wait mode after about 3 pages printed and then takes 3 to 5 minutes to continue printing. I cleaned the thermopiles which had the machine up for about a month. Opened the the machine up today and it was clean inside. The customer also told me the machine turns on super slow in the mornings or locks up. No error codes associated with either problem so as green as I am in copier repair I don't know where to start.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Oki CX4545 Wait and startup

Re: Oki CX4545 Wait and startup

Quote Originally Posted by DATGAGNON View Post
    Have an Oki CX4545 that goes into wait mode after about 3 pages printed and then takes 3 to 5 minutes to continue printing. I cleaned the thermopiles which had the machine up for about a month. Opened the the machine up today and it was clean inside. The customer also told me the machine turns on super slow in the mornings or locks up. No error codes associated with either problem so as green as I am in copier repair I don't know where to start.
    if it's a boot/run issue first thing I do is REFLASH firmware.. too many tech i've seen try to make it harder than it really is...

quality issues.. always clean it out

jam issues... look at feed sensors

but if it has a software looking issue ... firmware