Senior Tech 100+ Posts

KIP 770 "attention required" message

I have a technician in the field who is reporting that he has a KIP 770 with a small "attention required" message in the lower corner of the screen without any other indication as to what the problem is. I have searched every manual and resource at my disposal with no luck. Hopefully someone here has seen this and knows the answer. I have no other information at this time.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: KIP 770 "attention required" message

Check the job log and see if it is asking for a different size paper, check the network cable and make sure it is plugged in, try pinging it or browse to the ip address of the machine and see if you can connect to it, and check the PM counters and make sure nothing is due like the charge unit,drum,or developer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Excellent suggestions which were already made to the tech, however the client was closing and he didn't have time before they threw him out. We'll have to wait until he can go back for these answers.
    Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Solution found. When tech got back to account he asked customer if they had done anything to machine prior to error message appearing. Oh yeah, we ut a new roll of paper in. Tech checked and found they had not trimmed the lead edge and the raw edge would not feed into rollers. Trimmed edge, paper fed, problem solved. The message should have given SOME indication it was a paper feed issue. Live and learn, if you're smart that is.