Technician

hp e87850z 63.00.**

Hi all
    I have come across error codes 63.00.40, 3E, 3C, 42
    cyan, magenta, yellow, black.
    Toner is compacted in the cartridge and does not refill the toner reservoir. The compaction is likely occurring due to vibration during transportation of the toner cartridges, especially when the cartridge is shipped in a vertical position
    What I have observed is a sensor on the front of the toner hopper. I believe there is an over toner issue, causing the sensor flag to not move.

If anyone else comes across this please let me know.
    Thanks

KeNecs

Re: hp e87850z 63.00.**

Thanks for posting this info, I came across this exact problem today, I removed and dumped out the toner reservoir and made sure the sensor flag could move freely, once I got everything back together the machine was back up and running.
    Now that I saw how that flag and sensor work I probably didn't need to remove the toner reservoir to get it going, but it wasn't that big a deal to remove.

04tecelec

[CITA = KeNecs; 740641] Gracias por publicar esta información, me encontré con este problema exacto hoy, quité y saqué el depósito de tóner y me aseguré de que la bandera del sensor pudiera moverse libremente, una vez que volví a armar todo, la máquina volvió a funcionar y corriendo.
    Ahora que vi cómo funciona el indicador y el sensor, probablemente no necesité quitar el depósito de tóner para ponerlo en marcha, pero no fue un gran problema quitarlo. [/ QUOTE]

buenas noches, soy nuevo en el rubro de impresoras y hoy tuve un problema con una impresora hp e87640 con el error 63.00.3e,.
    El procedimiento que segui fue sacudir los cartuchos de toner en forma vertical y mover el engranaje de la parte posterior de los mismos hasta que se pudierna mover con mas facilidad, el problema desaparecía hasta que hacia 3 impresiones y volvía de nuevo, luego actualice el firmware y seguía el mismo problema.
    Que solución o pasos a seguir me recomendarían?

Technician

Thank you! just had this come across my call board. i'll know what to check first.

Technician

Hi everyone Drew here.

Just to add to this. I've found that users aren't prepping the toner before fitting it.

Please direct users to gently shake the toner cartridge while it's still in it's plastic bag. Then open the bag at the end with the blue handle. The user should turn that handle at least ten times in the direction of the arrows before removing it and fitting the cartridge.

Thanks.

Check the toner auger in the short tube in front that the toner drops thru. Each color has one, I have found obstructions, toner clumps, plastic debris, etc, blocking that auger. It may not throw an error code, but it may make grinding and knocking noises. It may also sit for a long time saying "toner rebalancing".

bring your firmware level up to 5.5 . HP did a lot of work on the toner issues finding a rapid change in humidity can cause issues. 5.5 has the fixes for this.

covers the 63.00.3b, 3d ,3f,41 errors with dev units.