Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Epson Workforce Enterprise WF-C20590

Hello.Epson has dropped off a WF-C20590 for us to look at and see if we want to carry.Anyone had experience with these models or similar ones from Epson.

Re: Epson Workforce Enterprise WF-C20590

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    Hello.Epson has dropped off a WF-C20590 for us to look at and see if we want to carry.Anyone had experience with these models or similar ones from Epson.
    As a tech that repairs copiers, I can say that these are some of the best engineered copiers on the planet. Hands down. They are just greatly restricted by finishing options, price and software. Ill clarify on the software. the software is great, both visually and the way it functions. however I feel it just misses simple things that I've gotten used to with other copier brands, hopefully these will come down the road in firmware updates. The biggest missing feature software wise is the ability to report the meter to the dealer. We have a 17590 out right now that has roughly 170k prints on it. so far we have been out to wipe off the slit glass, deliver ink, and one call was for lines that was just a few clogged nozzles just ran a quick cleaning through the maint menu. and i was gone in 2 minutes honestly the customer can do this but since this is our only one out of that particular model I wanted to see it for myself to make sure it wasnt something larger. Normally with say a toner based color copier we would be replacing drums and or at least cleaning blades by now.

Customers that have tried them and given us feedback have all commented on how much better their scans look, and how they like the sound of the display when they touch it. We try to get more info on how the prints are and speed and they are like "oh that fine too" but i guess its the simple things lol.

we have 3 of the wf-c869r out. And have had no calls on 2 of the 3. however the 3rd was a bit of a special case as the customer runs some very abnormal paper and cardstock through the copier and so I cant hold it against the copier as much of the issues where customer induced such as tearing the paper for visual effect then trying to run it through the copier, and even folding the paper and trying to run it through.

one thing we struggled with even on the 75 page a minute mfp was slow print on pdf's. what we found was it had to do with the way the copier receives, renders, and prints the file. our fix for this was to just check confidential print (print and hold) through the driver. this way the copier would receive and fully render the file making it ready for print before the person can even see it in their folder. this way when they finally hit print the file would print out at normal fast speeds.

But again over all I went from absolutely hating inkjet copiers to only wanting to work with the epson ones after training on the new line of epsons. As they really dont require much, which as a salaried tech this is great! I get to be lazy.
    so hope that helps a bit.

any other questions just let me know!
    Last edited by Kujo; 06-21-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

We have two 20590 out... And no problems with it.... Only the slow printing on (mostly) scanned pdfs issue..... It makes no difference if i scan a file from a ricoh or an epson... The machine prints it slowly in our case

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    With no hole punch feature try running pre punched paper and see what you get. I do have a fix that seems to work. It doesn't like odd size paper either, ie; Christmas Cards. I have 2 in the field and both customers hate them and are trying to get out of the lease. I have had 1 in the office for almost a year that I haven't been able to sell. Works good on plain bond but any type of coated paper is a waste of time and ink. I get complaints that even after printing on plain bond, and plenty of drying time that the ink will still smear if your hands are sweaty. The interlock switches on the doors seem to be problematic. My 1st machine failed out of the box. One customer complains of frequent jams but I haven't been able to duplicate. They seem to be a good idea but like I saw in another post Epson has not made it up to the table with what I would consider industry standard for a business copier. I have a lot of WiFi issues with all the Epson WF series dropping off, or the print jobs just disappear. The print driver media option names don't match the settings on the copier. For me they seem very time consuming to disassemble and the ink is a mess if aren't careful. Can't wait till a hose cracks from age. My honest opinion is I am having a hard time being a believer in the new Epson WF series.