Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    XM1242 ... printing 6 3/4 envelopes. Will this work?

Alright so the original was Microsoft Word, and the formatting was driving me crazy, so I copied the text into a Publisher document. The original is the full side of a standard 6 3/4 envelope (92mm x 165mm or 3.6" x 6.5"). I won't feed LEF (I had to try). The distance from the registration roller to the drum is too far, it just stalls.

The original image is defined as a 6 3/4 envelope. The Lexmark driver (version 3.2.0.0) allows me to define the desired page size as Custom 3.6" x 6.5", which I've named "6 3/4 envelope". I make some changes in the driver:
    The driver defaults to portrait every time, so I select Landscape, Single Sided, 6 3/4 Envelope (or Universal, or Letter, or any other choice, makes no difference), paper type: Envelope, paper source: Manual Envelope (or Multifeeder Tray, makes no difference). When I exit Properties, I see that the job calls for 8 1/2" x 11" Letter. I can change it again, outside of Printer Properties, again it makes no difference. When I send the print job the machine says "Load 8 1/2" x 11 Plain", even though I specifically requested something else. When I insert my 6 3/4 Envelope, the image is oriented the long way like it should be, but centered lengthwise as it might be on an 11" long piece of paper, that is half off the envelope.

Naturally I would have liked to see that the MFP can recognize 6 3/4 Envelope, but it does not. Per the manual, it can however print Universal or Other Envelope: 76.2mm x 127mm to 215mm x 356mm, includes my 6 3/4 Envelope. So what do I have to do for the MFP to properly center the image on this semi-standard envelope? So far, most attempts result in a 034 paper size mismatch after the paper exits, then the job cancelled. Is it a possibility? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Re: XM1242 ... printing 6 3/4 envelopes. Will this work?

This is the results of my office testing:

I made up a Publisher original, saved as PDF, standard 6 3/4 envelope (92mm x 165mm or 3.6" x 6.5"). My laptop doesn't have Publisher ... so that's one difference.

The Lexmark driver on my laptop is version 2.10.0.0 from 2014. I did have to create the custom paper size "Envelope 6 3/4", this time defined in millimeters, and select it. Landscape came up by itself. I did have to select single sided, paper type: Envelope, paper source: Manual Envelope or Multipurpose Feeder (both work correctly), Zoom: Actual. Manual naturally needs loading and prompting each piece, Multipurpose Feeder fed 10 consecutive, maybe it'll do more. The screen requests size: Universal, media type: Envelope.

Then I loaded driver version 3.2.0.0 from 2017. It worked exactly the same.

So once I'm onsite I figure to test my current driver arrangement via crossover from the laptop. If that goes well I'll try to duplicate that driver arrangement on the endusers PC. Oh, one other difference: the test machine is at firmware version 5 (52.024), The customers machine is at version 7 (70.049). I hope that I don't have to downgrade the firmware. =^..^=

Success!

The most important part was creating the document in Publisher, saving, then Save As a PDF. There is a Print Option button that permits you to select the 3.6" x 6.5" custom paper size, Landscape. Once the document is set up correctly, the print preferences are pretty easy. There is no reason that this wouldn't work on any custom paper size. =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

You are stubborn, I like it as I do it myself. Sometimes just refusing to give up as you know it CAN be done. By any means. By yourself.
    Congrats.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

im guessing you have already looked at the spec sheet?
    10 Envelope, 7 3/4 Envelope, 9 Envelope, A4, A5, DL Envelope, Executive, Folio, JIS-B5, Legal, Letter, Statement, Universal,

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    ... Naturally I would have liked to see that the MFP can recognize 6 3/4 Envelope, but it does not. Per the manual, it can however print Universal or Other Envelope: 76.2mm x 127mm to 215mm x 356mm, includes my 6 3/4 Envelope. So what do I have to do for the MFP to properly center the image on this semi-standard envelope? So far, most attempts result in a 034 paper size mismatch after the paper exits, then the job cancelled. Is it a possibility? =^..^=
    Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    im guessing you have already looked at the spec sheet?
    10 Envelope, 7 3/4 Envelope, 9 Envelope, A4, A5, DL Envelope, Executive, Folio, JIS-B5, Legal, Letter, Statement, Universal,
    Yep. Other Envelope or Universal covers the non-standard paper size (as previously posted). =^..^=