Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Oki mc853 - board replacement - maintenance utility - help

Question Oki mc853 - board replacement - maintenance utility - help

Firstly I hope you are all keeping safe and well, both in health and finances.

I am looking for advice on main board replacement for the OKi MC853. We dropped Oki as a partner years ago and I dont have access to partner site any more. I have been asked to replace board due to 134 error, the service manual states that the data from the EEPROM needs to be copied over to the new board using Maintenance Utility which I don't have. My questions/calls for help are as follows:

- can you just physically swap the EEPROM from old board to new board and forgot abut the maintenance utility

- would some kind soul be able to provide me with the maintennace utility software and manual - i think it is v2.1.0 or higher.

Thanks in advance

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Oki mc853 - board replacement - maintenance utility - help

Quote Originally Posted by autopilot View Post

I am looking for advice on main board replacement for the OKi MC853. We dropped Oki as a partner years ago and I dont have access to partner site any more. I have been asked to replace board due to 134 error, the service manual states that the data from the EEPROM needs to be copied over to the new board using Maintenance Utility which I don't have. My questions/calls for help are as follows:

- can you just physically swap the EEPROM from old board to new board and forgot abut the maintenance utility

- would some kind soul be able to provide me with the maintennace utility software and manual - i think it is v2.1.0 or higher.

Thanks in advance
    Oki does not let the utility out into the wild.They probably do that because I thing you can use it to reset the supplies.You can try repairing the board by soldering across the small fuse on the pcb.I think 134 is for the black LED fuse F10.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Oki mc853 - board replacement - maintenance utility - help

Re: Oki mc853 - board replacement - maintenance utility - help

Quote Originally Posted by autopilot View Post

Thanks in advance
    that's kept private (being an ex Oki dealer you should know)

the USA version would be no use to you.. you need it from Oki UK

like mentioned 134 could be LED related.. and ALL Oki LEDS have a 5 year warranty..

if you have your Oki ID you SHOULD be able to get the LED under that ID ... as long as you quali'd on that series.

the Oki ID doesn't stay with the dealership like most brands... it's the TECH that retains it.

if you call your regional they should be able to help you with your login if you lost it ..

need:
    Tech Name
    Past Dealership name
    Tech ID ( wasn't necessary when I went Indy)

do you have the manual?