Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Angry Oce Plotwave drum nicks

Hi!

Since the drums are $800 to replace, and it's not possible to pull them one time without nicking them, has anyone had any luck repairing the orange surface film of the photoconductor?

The manual lists a polishing procedure with Cleaner P but I get the feeling that's just a surface polisher, that it won't fill in a nick. What about something like clear nail polish?

That, and badmouthing Oces to customers until people stop buying them, or charging $800 a call service rates?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Oce Plotwave drum nicks

Re: Oce Plotwave drum nicks

Quote Originally Posted by savedR View Post
    Hi!

Since the drums are $800 to replace, and it's not possible to pull them one time without nicking them, has anyone had any luck repairing the orange surface film of the photoconductor?

The manual lists a polishing procedure with Cleaner P but I get the feeling that's just a surface polisher, that it won't fill in a nick. What about something like clear nail polish?

That, and badmouthing Oces to customers until people stop buying them, or charging $800 a call service rates?
    a long time ago I put the enamel on the chipped cylinders but they were selenium, I don't think it works on the current ones, the enamel has solvent substances that could damage it.