Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Lexmark MS911de Side tray issue....

Ran into a printer that has a 3000 sheet tray on the right side. The printer error has been 190.10 Engine code. Now parts were sent but that 3000 sheet tray.... would not budge. The lever doesn't release it so you can access the right side of the printer.

I had some access to the inside of the tray because the side panel you can pry off from one side only. The other side has screws which is the side facing the printer. I can get my hands on the inside with fingers on the lever from the inside but it moves a lil bit bit not enough to release the tray. The printer when rebooted just goes to the error.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Lexmark MS911de Side tray issue....

Re: Lexmark MS911de Side tray issue....

Forgive me if this isn't correct, but this LCT looks EXACTLY like Konica Minolta's LU-303. If it's the same make you should be able to reach in between the LCF and the machine with a spring hook and catch the rear and/or front latch and release the LCF from the machine. The latch looks like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Re: Lexmark MS911de Side tray issue....

The 2nd to last photo. The latch itself is right above the spindle with the wire wrapped around it. I can pull on it & it moves but stops at a point. It won't move any further. I had to let Lexmark escalate it to 'lvl2' because there is not way to get inside that tray. The side panel I can pull it away from one side to see in there thus the picture but if you pull too much I'd risk breaking the panel.

The top opens up, of course. Could possibly take it apart starting from there but you would be literally disassembling the tray... That way out of the scope of the work order. (Not to mention the amount offered to do the job is no way enough for the hours it would take to get that thing apart.)

I know when you install them the metal hook that connects to the printer is screwed into the metal chassis to screws holes... (no nuts) So trying to get the hook off from inside the printer (if taking off the printer tray guides will even give you access to the screws from behind) would entail destroying the screws.

To add I can rock the tray side to side when pulling on the lever but still feel something holding it in from the middle. So it could literally be the middle (I forget the names of all the pieces...lol) that's keeping it held in place.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk