Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

oce plotwave 300 8528 when rolls loaded

Have no access to manuals. The machine appears to be fine, until you attempt to load paper. Either roll will take up and trim when fed, but when the drawer is closed, it comes up with 8528 error. There isn't an error when paper is unloaded. I don't have a way to test the sensors if they are faulty. I can't see anything and I don't think there would be a jam if it comes up through the slot. I saw a suggestion it might be fuser related. The fuser access door appears to open and latch closed properly. I don't know what specifically to check or test if it is a fuser problem or what the chances are to get replacement parts. Thank you all for your consideration.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: oce plotwave 300 8528 when rolls loaded

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Have no access to manuals. The machine appears to be fine, until you attempt to load paper. Either roll will take up and trim when fed, but when the drawer is closed, it comes up with 8528 error. There isn't an error when paper is unloaded. I don't have a way to test the sensors if they are faulty. I can't see anything and I don't think there would be a jam if it comes up through the slot. I saw a suggestion it might be fuser related. The fuser access door appears to open and latch closed properly. I don't know what specifically to check or test if it is a fuser problem or what the chances are to get replacement parts. Thank you all for your consideration.
    RE: Manuals... have you tried putting a request in for the manuals here? ---> https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok. Do you have one then ? It isn't helpful to be dismissed out of hand & ignored.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Ok. Do you have one then ? It isn't helpful to be dismissed out of hand & ignored.
    no I don't have the manual BUT some of the guys that DO HAVE THEM don't check the regular tech forums... that's WHY I directed you to that forum...

you might want to review the forum rules if you haven't done so already https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

and we have an extensive FAQ's section, tells about the forums.. gives tip n advise .. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/faq.php

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The only reason I ask is that under other entries they mention that lotus notes and some other software is needed to get or use the oce manuals. I don't have access to that or even know what it is. Also my experience with manuals seem to fall short of what you really want to know. The kind of stuff you only find out after working on them awhile. I never knew these even existed until I saw this one. But it might not be a big deal in the end, the guy alluded he may replace it anyway. I just wondered if there was a quick tip I could check if I could save him some trouble. Although it could just be unfixable.