Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    brother dcp-9020cdw green tab

good evening,
    I have a brother dcp 9020 with original toner and drums which after a few copies gave me the message to pass the green tab in all drums.
    I replaced all the (original) drums and reset the count thinking that the problem was that and after a few more copies (about 100) it gives me the same message to pass the green tab.

how can i get rid of the problem is there something to change from service so that it doesn't give this message?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: brother dcp-9020cdw green tab

First slide the green tab back and forth to clean the corona wires, if that doesn't help clean the contacts where the drum unit and the machine meet.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

are they using crap toner?

had many cases like this because of cheep toner

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TechGeek's Avatar

Not sure if this has been resolved or not but check to see if drums are being coated and see if the main charge area is clean or dusty. If dusty with toner that could cause the issue. if not possible HV PCB or Main PCB. What did you replace the drums with? Complete OEM unit or just third party drums.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek View Post
    Not sure if this has been resolved or not but check to see if drums are being coated and see if the main charge area is clean or dusty. If dusty with toner that could cause the issue. if not possible HV PCB or Main PCB. What did you replace the drums with? Complete OEM unit or just third party drums.

I replaced all drums with original drums.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek View Post
    Agree, must check all contacts in machine especially those for drum chargers may be heavy contaminated with toner.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.