Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Ricoh mp c2050 ITB cleaning unit not cleaning correctly after ITB belt replacement.

I could really use some help. I am a new copier technician and am working on a Ricoh MP c 2050. The issue started of with dirty lines on the page. I found a deep grove in the fixing belt and that the ITB was torn. I replaced the ITB belt and rebuilt the Fixing unit. Now I am having an issue with the ITB cleaning unit not cleaning the ITB belt. Has anyone ran into this issue after replacing the belt? I have contacted Ricoh and they said to replace the cleaning blade unit. This to me seems extreme since it was working before I replaced the belt. Any ideas on this issue would be greatly helpful.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp c2050 ITB cleaning unit not cleaning correctly after ITB belt replacement.

Re: Ricoh mp c2050 ITB cleaning unit not cleaning correctly after ITB belt replacemen

You replaced the ITB and not the cleaning blade? Come on man!(Sorry, couldn't help myself) Replace the cleaning unit and be done with it.

Oh and this post should be under the Ricoh thread.