Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Oki MPS3537mc skewed copies/prints from 1st drawer

I am not Oki trained and have only been working Oki machines since I arrived in Oct. We have quite a few of these 3537s and 4242s out in the field. For the most part they seem to run well with few problems. I have already found out how to deal with the known ADF problem. But this particular machine has me scratching my head. Maybe someone has seen this before and give me a clue.

The 1st (top) paper tray skews paper when pulling it out of the tray. If I fill the tray with 500 sheets (new ream) the paper pulls sideways but doesn’t leave the tray and has a skid mark on it from the feed roller. If I fill the tray half full sometimes jam as described above, sometimes the paper will skew as its leaving tearing up one side (see photos), or sometimes just pull straight out. If I swap tray 1 with tray 2, then tray 2 will do as above but tray 1 will work fine full or half full of paper.

We didn’t have any new feed rollers in stock so I took the feed rollers (including the resist roller in the tray) from a machine that work fine here in the office. I put those rollers in the 1st tray in the machine in question and there was no change in performance.

Maybe someone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Oki MPS3537mc skewed copies/prints from 1st drawer

Make sure paper out actuator is not hanging down

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I am not Oki trained and have only been working Oki machines since I arrived in Oct. We have quite a few of these 3537s and 4242s out in the field. For the most part they seem to run well with few problems. I have already found out how to deal with the known ADF problem. But this particular machine has me scratching my head. Maybe someone has seen this before and give me a clue.

The 1st (top) paper tray skews paper when pulling it out of the tray. If I fill the tray with 500 sheets (new ream) the paper pulls sideways but doesn’t leave the tray and has a skid mark on it from the feed roller. If I fill the tray half full sometimes jam as described above, sometimes the paper will skew as its leaving tearing up one side (see photos), or sometimes just pull straight out. If I swap tray 1 with tray 2, then tray 2 will do as above but tray 1 will work fine full or half full of paper.

We didn’t have any new feed rollers in stock so I took the feed rollers (including the resist roller in the tray) from a machine that work fine here in the office. I put those rollers in the 1st tray in the machine in question and there was no change in performance.

Maybe someone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi.

Checked the paper feed (front ass'y) or try to print on MPTray if it gives you same result.
    if yes then there is some issue on the paper feed unit
    If No then you have issue on the tray one entrance guide.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner. I read all the suggestion and I had a better understanding of what to examine.

When I went to the customer's office, I looked closer to the switches above the paper tray. I see now why the paper reacted the way it did when the paper try was full and half full. I have attached a picture.

I cannot prove it, but I'll bet someone pulled or pushed on a very full paper tray to cause the actuator to come out of place like that. I wasn't there when I happened so I cannot say exactly.

Once again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images