Oce Plotwave 500 Repeated Error Code 5102

Hi! I have a Plotwave 500 that has been throwing the same error code for two months. The code is 5102. The company we pay for maintaining the machine has come out repeatedly, and they have replaced the developer (three times), replaced the toner hopper and related tubes, replaced what they referred to as "the brain", replaced the fusing unit, and come out repeatedly to clean out the machine. Nothing seems to help, and they are implying that either we have used non-OEM toner and permanently damaged the machine (we have never put non-OEM toner in the machine) or that the machine is a lemon and simply cannot be fixed. I suspect something else is going wrong.

One symptom - on the right hand side inside the paper drawer, there is frequently an accumulation of what appears to be developer.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? If so, what did you do to resolve it? I am aware that the 5102 error is developer-related, but given the long time and repeated repairs, we think that error is the result of something else going wrong in the machine that ultimately leads to a developer issue. Please help! We are losing customers due to machine down time

Re: Oce Plotwave 500 Repeated Error Code 5102

Quote Originally Posted by PrinterAmy View Post
    Hi! I have a Plotwave 500 that has been throwing the same error code for two months. The code is 5102. The company we pay for maintaining the machine has come out repeatedly, and they have replaced the developer (three times), replaced the toner hopper and related tubes, replaced what they referred to as "the brain", replaced the fusing unit, and come out repeatedly to clean out the machine. Nothing seems to help, and they are implying that either we have used non-OEM toner and permanently damaged the machine (we have never put non-OEM toner in the machine) or that the machine is a lemon and simply cannot be fixed. I suspect something else is going wrong.

One symptom - on the right hand side inside the paper drawer, there is frequently an accumulation of what appears to be developer.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? If so, what did you do to resolve it? I am aware that the 5102 error is developer-related, but given the long time and repeated repairs, we think that error is the result of something else going wrong in the machine that ultimately leads to a developer issue. Please help! We are losing customers due to machine down time

Hi,

In those times they have replaced the developer do they calibrate the machine?
    It can be a possible High Voltage arcing / it can be there is a pin hole on your drum.

Is there any developer dumping occurred?
    Have you noticed any sound like electric current during the print out?

Quote Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
    Hi,

In those times they have replaced the developer do they calibrate the machine?
    It can be a possible High Voltage arcing / it can be there is a pin hole on your drum.

Is there any developer dumping occurred?
    Have you noticed any sound like electric current during the print out?
    Thank you so much for responding!!

I am not sure if they are calibrating but I am guessing yes, as they are just as frustrated as we are with the lack of a solution. There is developer dumping...sometimes just grainy sheets come out, other times there is a pile of developer in the paper drawer or below the machine, and other times the last thing that prints before the error code is a D-size print that is completely black and covered with toner and developer. I have not heard any unusual sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinterAmy View Post
    Thank you so much for responding!!

I am not sure if they are calibrating but I am guessing yes, as they are just as frustrated as we are with the lack of a solution. There is developer dumping...sometimes just grainy sheets come out, other times there is a pile of developer in the paper drawer or below the machine, and other times the last thing that prints before the error code is a D-size print that is completely black and covered with toner and developer. I have not heard any unusual sounds.

Hi,

There is a big possibility that the main charge unit having the issue, as you mentioned that there is developer dumping happened and complete black.
    Before you change the developer again
    - Replace the whole main charge unit
    - Remove all the dump developer specially in the cleaning unit
    - Visually check if there is less developer in the developing unit
    - Reset the error (after reset it will show optimizing)
    - Observe if the toner dosage will supply the toner on developing unit
    - It will go to ready mode / make a test print

Hope this procedure will help you to solve the issue

Smile Re: Oce Plotwave 500 Repeated Error Code 5102

I just wanted to share that this fixed the problem!! After two months and a lot of money, I'm so relieved. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my original post!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
    Hi,

There is a big possibility that the main charge unit having the issue, as you mentioned that there is developer dumping happened and complete black.
    Before you change the developer again
    - Replace the whole main charge unit
    - Remove all the dump developer specially in the cleaning unit
    - Visually check if there is less developer in the developing unit
    - Reset the error (after reset it will show optimizing)
    - Observe if the toner dosage will supply the toner on developing unit
    - It will go to ready mode / make a test print

Hope this procedure will help you to solve the issue