Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Lexmark X925 - FTP Scan setting

Customer ask me to work on this machine as the people that sold it could never get the FTP scan to work. Logged into the copier and noticed that the IP address they were trying to scan to was wrong, so I change it to the proper IP. Tried to scan to the computer and it errored out so the setting must be wrong it the FTP Scan setup. Not sure how to make the FTP scan point to the proper folder. Is there a password that needs to be put it the FTP scan setup for each computer. Looked in the manual and there is NOTHING for setting this up that I could find. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: Lexmark X925 - FTP Scan setting

Since you are sending from the Lexmark to a (undefined) operating system, then the OS will determine the connection requirements, not the Lexmark.

Each computer must have the FTP service enabled. For Windows, this is in the IIS section. Unless IIS has been enabled or a third party FTP program is running, there is no default FTP access.

For IIS, users who are allowed access come from the Users created in the OS (local or domain). Path comes from the FTP sites created and their named spaces.

If 'anonymous' access is enabled you can connect with that username and any properly formatted email address as the password. (a@b.com)

You can test connections and credentials using the command line from one computer to your target computer:

c:\FTP 192.168.0.1
    User: anonymous
    Password: a@b.com
    PUT testfile.pdf (located in the root of c: from above)
    QUIT
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks I am just trying to scan to their computers on their network. I know the IP address of each one, they scanned one time and then nothing. Is there a manual on how to set this up?

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

How to set up an FTP server in Windows 10

I would leave SSL off as the Lexmark may not support secure FTP.
    Ensure the firewall is set to pass FTP, and don’t configure external connections(local network only).
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin