Senior Tech 250+ Posts avecosat's Avatar

Quality Lexmark XC9235

Hello, I have a Lexmark XC9235 that the print quality is very weak. I have tried the KM C258 driver, it is the same model and the quality improves a lot, but it gives problems. I have seen that the KM driver works at 600dpi and the Lexmark driver at 1200dpi .

Does anyone know how to improve the quality of the Lexmark driver?

Thank you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Quality Lexmark XC9235

from the machine menu go to the print menu , then quality and select colour adjust. run this feature and you will be surprise of the result. first print a demo page from the report section and after the colour adjust print the demo page again.
    Let us know your result.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

I have not had changes after the adjustment, only when I use the KM or HP driver I observe great changes.

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by avecosat View Post
    I have not had changes after the adjustment, only when I use the KM or HP driver I observe great changes.

Thanks for the help
    First you have to check the print quality from the machine internal print engine quality test. If the print quality there are good, then the problem is with the driver . You may have to uninstall it from the win10 registry level and then reinstall. Download the lexmark Universal print driver and install it.

Are you sure the colour settings of the machine is set near to its default. If all fails, do a factory restore.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

It is an architecture studio and when they print plans the lines and letters are almost imperceptible and the colors are very poor. The tests have an acceptable quality. When you print with the KM or HP driver, the quality is perfect but it gives other logical problems because it is not their driver. I have tried with different Lexmark drivers and I have not been able to change the quality

I'm a KM technician and now I'm starting to work with lexmark and I don't know much about technical menus or settings

It is an architecture studio and when they print plans the lines and letters are almost imperceptible and the colors are very poor. The tests have an acceptable quality. When you print with the KM or HP driver, the quality is perfect but it gives other logical problems because it is not their driver. I have tried with different Lexmark drivers and I have not been able to change the quality

I'm a KM technician and now I'm starting to work with lexmark and I don't know much about technical menus or settings
    It seems then, the lexmark driver has a problem or the the customer computer setup of files has problems. Put a good known pdf file in a usb and print from it, both a file from your storage and the customer. Then check the results. If it prints good, then the problem is definitely from the customer computer and its settings or the lexmark driver is corrupted.

You can install the lexmark driver in your laptop and see the results. You have to think and try different situations to narrow down where the issue lies, then you can remedy.
    As I said, if you think the machine it the problem, do a factory rest. you can do it from the web server.

Usually with lexmark colour adjust feature, it restores the colour perfectly. Many techs replace drum/dev ect. when the colour fades with the lexmark colour machines . This usually fixed every colour fade issue with the newer lexmark. I have even seen this new out of the box many times. This is the first thing to be run when troubleshooting lexmark colour machines, and must be run after delivery to the customer. It will save a lot of service calls and headaches. Just a tip

I think the feature is the colour calibration, but lexmark does not label it such, but techs should always run it when they service the machines.

First of all thanks for the help, the equipment is new, barely a couple of thousand copies and as I told you with the KM and HP drivers the quality is good, I tried on my laptop and the results are the same as on the client and the print test have good quality is only with plans and templates.