Senior Tech 100+ Posts

DP C262 E326 error

Machine displaying E326, customer says they replaced all drums and still getting message. I'm not too familiar with Panasonic so just trying to get a heads up before I go out. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks,
    Dave

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: DP C262 E326 error

Color drum rotation error. It is a general code indicated one of the 3 color drums. You can remove drums and turn by hand to determine which is binding up. I have seen a few new drums that wouldn't sit right on the rear frame. You had to remove them from the machine and turn the drive gear until you heard an audible click.

Also, people love to confuse the toner and drum units on this model. The verbiage on the screen is not the greatest...

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

All of the drums seem to turn freely by hand, new & old ones. Is there a output code to run the drums in service mode ? I ran “developing motor 1&2” , all toner motors, transfer belt motor and they all ran but I don’t see a code for the drums ? The drums never rotated during any of those test.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Color drum rotation error. It is a general code indicated one of the 3 color drums. You can remove drums and turn by hand to determine which is binding up. I have seen a few new drums that wouldn't sit right on the rear frame. You had to remove them from the machine and turn the drive gear until you heard an audible click.

Also, people love to confuse the toner and drum units on this model. The verbiage on the screen is not the greatest...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Wow....where is the customer getting new drums from?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richs View Post
    Wow....where is the customer getting new drums from?

I'm not sure but they are not OEM.
    Thanks,
    Dave

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I would suspect the non OEM drums are causing the issue. If you have the originals drum, re-install them and there is a drum reset in service mode.

I remember it exists but I do not remember where it is in service mode. Been over a decade since I touched one of those.....

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I would suspect the non OEM drums are causing the issue. If you have the originals drum, re-install them and there is a drum reset in service mode.

I remember it exists but I do not remember where it is in service mode. Been over a decade since I touched one of those.....

I put the drums back in that were in it originally but they are not OEM either. I'm not sure its worth it to buy OEM drums, if they are still available.

Do you remember if there was a code to run the drums in service mode ?

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Seems I remember there is a flag on the back, maybe on the front? of the drum sometimes in transport the flag gets tripped, simply snap the flag back to home position until it clicks, and slide the drum back in.

Good luck.