Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Panasonic KV-S5078Y document scanner parts?

Hello, we have Panasonic KV-S5078Y with scratched glass/plastic which unfortunately shows on scanned images. Since apparently panasonic discontinued this model I have a hard time finding parts. Does anyone know where I can find parts like PNHR2625 and PNHR2626? I would be grateful for any tip thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Panasonic KV-S5078Y document scanner parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Przemek View Post
    Hello, we have Panasonic KV-S5078Y with scratched glass/plastic which unfortunately shows on scanned images. Since apparently panasonic discontinued this model I have a hard time finding parts. Does anyone know where I can find parts like PNHR2625 and PNHR2626? I would be grateful for any tip thanks.
    This is why we have all the waste and pollution. These are nice high speed scanners and can work for a long time with just the normal feed rollers and regular cleaning. The glass I can see can get damage when stapels ect, go through them.

But I thind you are screwed and now eithier you find a way to replace the glass or it goes to the junk heap or parts machine. It is still an expensive machine.

You can take out the part, remove the glass and go to a glass cutter and have him fit a replacement glass to match. Then use double sided tape to fix it in place.

Oh, I now see , the glass has a conductive coating to prevent static. You can buy that stuff and coat the glass.
    Last edited by subaro; 01-05-2023 at 03:36 PM.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

This is a fantastic machine. Unfortunately we are using it wrong. This is made for legal documents so 20lbs legal/copy paper that is clean. I am forced to use it on near 90-100lbs paper that is often 200 years old. One job alone destroyed my plastics. They are all covered in microscratches which would be ok if i didnt have to scan in grayscale mode which picks up EVERYTHING. I had a call with panasonic technician and apparently they have the whole assembly for sale which we will probably buy. i will probably try your idea too since i feel these can be saved

Quote Originally Posted by Przemek View Post
    This is a fantastic machine. Unfortunately we are using it wrong. This is made for legal documents so 20lbs legal/copy paper that is clean. I am forced to use it on near 90-100lbs paper that is often 200 years old. One job alone destroyed my plastics. They are all covered in microscratches which would be ok if i didnt have to scan in grayscale mode which picks up EVERYTHING. I had a call with panasonic technician and apparently they have the whole assembly for sale which we will probably buy. i will probably try your idea too since i feel these can be saved
    You can get Panasonic parts from these folks:

Panasonic Connect
    1615 Dundee Ave. Dock G.
    Elgin, IL 60120

847-888-7000
    Panasonic Parts and Accessories