Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: skewing

GYOUNG

Post skewing

i have a dp-6010 at a customers office that is skewing from the first tray only. i have replaced the tray one feed head and tray one itself, still skews from tray one . all other trays and the bypass is fine . anyone heard of this or have any suggestions

Technician
    Under F6 service mode you can adjust the loop adjustment for the first tray. It could be a middle roller clutch as well.

Good luck, Rob

GYOUNG

skewing

hey thanks for the reply , i already tried the f6 adj. if it was the middle roller clutch would'nt it skew from the other trays, thanks

Technician
    No it wouldn't. It is all about timing from the first tray for some reason. Go Raiders ;-)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vista Tech's Avatar
    This might sound completely nuts but is the side transport door completely closed? I know it will cause pages to skew and I've gone through many heartaches in my first year of field work by doing exactly what the svc manuals say and not checking if that door is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista Tech View Post
    This might sound completely nuts but is the side transport door completely closed? I know it will cause pages to skew and I've gone through many heartaches in my first year of field work by doing exactly what the svc manuals say and not checking if that door is closed.

That was going to be my reply!! I still go looking deep into the machine before looking at the obvious, although I have had this a few times now so I remember to check, make sure the paper feed stations have not been moved around, check the pin for the door is on so its stays shut correctly, also check the rollers on the door are ok.