Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

panasonic DPC 264

Hi All
    have a panasonic 264, customer fitted new drum but still showing it needs one.
    can someone tell me how reset the drum flag as i think the customer my have moved it on install. thanks for any help

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    You can reset the drum counter with F8-25. I never seen one that didn't reset before. Make sure the customer installed the drum correctly and that they didn't try to put in a used drum.

Good luck.

Edit: I don't know what your customer is like, but could it be possible that they got a warning for more than one drum unit, replaced one of the two, and then were mistaken that it didn't reset? Just a thought.
    Last edited by User Name; 04-14-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    on the back of the drum unit there is a little flag with a quarter circle gear that it meshes with. when you install a new drum it triggers this flag and moves it so that it cannot be used as new again. just carefully take it apart and move the sensor flag so that it is pushed up and will act like new. this has happend to me a lot i know your pain! good luck

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    if i remember right there is a screw that holds the flag assembly together. just be careful and even take a quick picture before because the is a spring that holds the fl;ag down once it has been triggered by the machine as new. I have also had success when i lost the spring(popped away on me) just glue the damn flag up in place.

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magebomba View Post
    on the back of the drum unit there is a little flag with a quarter circle gear that it meshes with. when you install a new drum it triggers this flag and moves it so that it cannot be used as new again. just carefully take it apart and move the sensor flag so that it is pushed up and will act like new. this has happend to me a lot i know your pain! good luck
    Doesn't F8-25 do the same thing? cause that sounds a lot easier to do.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    im not sure. i would hope to think i tried that before, but anythings possible. havent had it happen in over a year or so now but i always had to reseat the flag, which does in turn reset the counter but dunno if it works in the other order.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Yes it does!
    Th.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I've always just reached behind the unit and push up on the flag until it clicks into place, if that doesn't work run the drum reset.

PANASONIC SERVICE TECHN pana.techn's Avatar
    Yes, just do the f8-25 for that drum you just replaced.

Re: panasonic DPC 264

I know it's an old thread, but it's not that simple. If the red light comes on for drum replacement and the replacements flag has been tripped, you have to power the machine up with front door open then go into service mode drum reset and close cover when prompted.