Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Digital full colour copier

How are you Nephews
    I got confusion, which one is the best digital FULL colour MFP among BIZHUB C250 AND PANASONIC DP-C264. I NEED TO PURCHASE ONE. Is DP-C264 real the full MFP or just the laser printer?
    Please consider: Best printing resolution, maintenance cost, consumables Costs, Monthly yielding capacity and budget.
    Please help!
    Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Digital full colour copier

My understanding is that the Panasonic isn't the highest quality print of all the color copiers, but they are competitive when it comes to costs. It's hard to tell value of the machine, at least for me because being a tech, we don't really get to see the numbers very often, at least in my company.

ESTANISLAOWENENTON

bizhub is better
    the problem is in the toner chips
    drum chips

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

imo Panasonic DP-C264 is better, its the 2nd Gen On the Rainbow series and is a big improvement from the old series one.

I think the C250 is older than the Pana, if i remember rightly i would say the C253 is the same equivilant to the DP-C264

The Pana, is 26ppm Colour & Mono and comes like the C250 with Print/Copy & Scan as standared

however for installation the pana comes with the communication utility program that allows easier setup than the Bizhub, however as stated above i would have to agree that the quality is better than the Pana but not by much.

Running costs are miles cheaper than the Bizhub, as the Bizhub come combind with imaging units that cost a fortune (chipping is an option) however the Pana has separate drums and developers (Developer life is 480K)

the black drums are easily modified to fit into colour slots making another huge saving.

the maintenance kits come at 120k and 240k etc, however due to the pana being so bullet proof, they easy skip the 120k and actually pass the 240k without any work needed at all

hope that helps

Peanut

Technician

According to the above current comment, I real accept.Pana 264 ig better as the image quality isn't quite different with bizhub.The good thing is cutting the running cost as nowadays business is very competitive.The developer is 480,000,this is too much if it will real work that means no need to call Tech unless for unplanned maint. Will purchase it and reduce the cost so that to increase the printing flows per day.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by The-Peanut View Post
    imo Panasonic DP-C264 is better, its the 2nd Gen On the Rainbow series and is a big improvement from the old series one.

I think the C250 is older than the Pana, if i remember rightly i would say the C253 is the same equivilant to the DP-C264

The Pana, is 26ppm Colour & Mono and comes like the C250 with Print/Copy & Scan as standared

however for installation the pana comes with the communication utility program that allows easier setup than the Bizhub, however as stated above i would have to agree that the quality is better than the Pana but not by much.

Running costs are miles cheaper than the Bizhub, as the Bizhub come combind with imaging units that cost a fortune (chipping is an option) however the Pana has separate drums and developers (Developer life is 480K)

the black drums are easily modified to fit into colour slots making another huge saving.

the maintenance kits come at 120k and 240k etc, however due to the pana being so bullet proof, they easy skip the 120k and actually pass the 240k without any work needed at all

hope that helps

Peanut
    ''Good to hear that the colour drum can be remove and black one modified to fit in. Please can you illustrate for me so I can be an expert on drum unit rebuilding?Just mail me via w_nteja@yahoo.com"

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

leave that with me, send a p.m to remind me and i'll take a photo of a modifed drum when i get back to the workshop