Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DP-C354

*Solved* DP-C354: Scan to Email (1st time setup ( For us anyway)) (Newb here)

Solved
    Hi

I'm trying to setup a DP-C354 for my workplace.
    We are a non-profit organization and this is a hand-me-down copier (I:E Free)
    I'm not trained to set it up, I'm just in charge of the Misc Technology troubleshooting here as well as digital advertising, website etc...

Anyway... after finally being able to disable the Department Counter (and it's related ID/Password blocks) We can finally print to it properly from our computers (we didn't need or care about the Dept. Counter stats, small staff all responsible)
    Now I'm trying to setup the scan to email functions.
    I've tried using the IMAP settings of 2 different email accounts (1 Zimbra, 1 Gmail)
    But it doesn't work, I don't get an error message popping up, (nor can I find any error log for email attempts) although on my last attempt to setup the IMAP settings has introduced a series of beeps after roughly a minutes time when trying to send an email. Considering that I haven't gotten any of these emails, I assume these beeps are not an indication of a successful operation.
    I would love for something more specific than beeps however.

The machine is definitely plugged into our network, I can access the printer just fine from my computer, which based on our setup should automatically mean it can reach the internet.
    But It is entirely possible I've missed something.
    I've tried using google to find a solution as well diving through the series of manuals for the machine.
    I can't seem to find anything that stands out as the potential problem.

If anyone can suggest something to try, check, or experiment with I would appreciate it.
    It could be something basic so feel free to suggest the equivalent of "Is it plugged in?" (yes it is btw)

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.
    Last edited by DP-C354; 03-11-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Problem Solved

Technician

Re: DP-C354: Scan to Email (1st time setup ( For us anyway)) (Newb here)

Did you double check the SMTP settings against these e-mail services you're trying to use to make sure all settings match?

Technician

Instead of using IMAP, try POP3 settings on GMAIL. It would be the same settings used if setting up Outlook or Windows Mail. The SMTP settings are what send the mail. The POP or IMAP settings are what are used for a client to accept the mail. IMAP is better suited for a client that may be checked from various workstations, and IMAP keeps the e-mail synced between clients. https://support.google.com/mail/trou...d=1#ts=1665119

Technician

One other thing to try is if the copier has a ping utility, try pinging google.com or 74.125.224.72 to see if it goes through.

Technician 500+ Posts

Select function key>fax/email settins>Fax Parameters> go to 170 (SMTP Authentication) and make valid if required. Select ok and then get back to where you see fax parameters and user parameters. Select user parameters> here you will need to input the following> 05 (email address of the machine)>06 (SMTP server name or #7 SMTP IP address. You will see port # after this. 25 usually works. > 08 (SMTP AUTH Name)>09 (SMTP AUTH Password).

If you have a local internet service provider, they can assist you in obtaining most of this info needed to be entered.

Now go into address book and enter the address of the machine and one for an address to send to.

You should now be scanning to email. I know this is alot, for at one time I struggled with this. Let us know how it turns out.

SMTP is for scanning out. POP is for receiving email. This information in this post is for scanning to email.
    Last edited by copiman; 03-11-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: addition

DP-C354

It works!

Thank you everyone for your help!

It is currently working with SMTP and our Zimbra based email account.

I had SMTP Authentication turned on, and all of my Authentication settings (Name Password etc..) were identical to our email program.
    However, despite port 443 working on our computer, the only change I needed to make on the copier was to select port 25.
    Go figure...

Again I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions

I'm just so glad this works!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

You must use port 25 as this machine does not support encryption. The other drawback is the password can not be longer than 10 characters.
    GMX is a good email client to use, free and very reliable.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

LionheartIX

Thank you for posting this info, I, too have a problem with this old unit since I changed internet providers and no longer have that email address available. I have the settings correct - I even changed the port to 25 on the smtp server but I still receive the 729 error code to check the SMTP settings. While going through many selections, (even with the manual, which does not show HOW to enter the info), I somehow lost the address book in the Scanner setting. When I select Scan/Email, there are no addresses in the stations. When I touch the Email button, it has an error saying Check your SMTP settings. The Fax still has all of the email addresses in it, but not the scanner. So, now I cannot email out on the scanner, nor have the emails available anymore. Time for the experts again.
    I am using an Outlook.com email server SMTP-mail.outlook.com, port 25, email address, pw all correct.

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    Select function key>fax/email settins>Fax Parameters> go to 170 (SMTP Authentication) and make valid if required. Select ok and then get back to where you see fax parameters and user parameters. Select user parameters> here you will need to input the following> 05 (email address of the machine)>06 (SMTP server name or #7 SMTP IP address. You will see port # after this. 25 usually works. > 08 (SMTP AUTH Name)>09 (SMTP AUTH Password).

If you have a local internet service provider, they can assist you in obtaining most of this info needed to be entered.

Now go into address book and enter the address of the machine and one for an address to send to.

You should now be scanning to email. I know this is alot, for at one time I struggled with this. Let us know how it turns out.

SMTP is for scanning out. POP is for receiving email. This information in this post is for scanning to email.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    DP-C354: Scan to Email (1st time setup ( For us anyway)) (Newb here)

Quote Originally Posted by LionheartIX View Post
    Thank you for posting this info, I, too have a problem with this old unit since I changed internet providers and no longer have that email address available. I have the settings correct - I even changed the port to 25 on the smtp server but I still receive the 729 error code to check the SMTP settings. While going through many selections, (even with the manual, which does not show HOW to enter the info), I somehow lost the address book in the Scanner setting. When I select Scan/Email, there are no addresses in the stations. When I touch the Email button, it has an error saying Check your SMTP settings. The Fax still has all of the email addresses in it, but not the scanner. So, now I cannot email out on the scanner, nor have the emails available anymore. Time for the experts again.
    I am using an Outlook.com email server SMTP-mail.outlook.com, port 25, email address, pw all correct.
    I thought port 25 is for gmail.. not outlook?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DP-C354: Scan to Email (1st time setup ( For us anyway)) (Newb here)

Quick answer: Port 25 can be used for an on-site email server. But offsite, hosted servers (gmail, godaddy) need to use secure ports like 465,587.