Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician 500+ Posts

Re: Pansonic FP-7750 Registration roller not spinning.

Sorry to hear you cannot get support in your area. The way it works is:

The drive system is driven by a motor or motors. There are alot of gears that transport drive throughout the machine. Not sure about this on your machine, but the reg roller you are talking about may start turning when you try to make a copy, and the clutch stops it momentarily to ensure proper registration, then engage again to transport the paper. Some machines may keep the reg roller from turning, then engage the clutch to transport paper. Again, not sure on your machine. If it were me, I would check to see if the gears that supply the reg roller with drive were turning. If they are not, trace back to the motor that drives it. Hope this helps.

copiertech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chejay127 View Post
    I could see the sensor is on its place sir, I also thought it has something to do about clutch, I'm not really sure but does the Registration roller rotates during a warm up? because in the warm up stage of this old machine(cheated door) the two registration roller are not spinning which is driven by the registration clutch alone, the same when I hit print. Also wondering if you remove the clutch and supply it with a 24v power would it spin if its working?? Because i have tried it and mine does not and it would just flick once and nothing.. thanks..
    Motors supply the rotational force. An electromagnetic clutch, when energised, puts that force to the roller, when not energised, it freewheels and the roller does not turn. A clutch by itself imparts no rotational force on a roller. So, either the clutch is not being energised, or there is a gear or motor in the drive assembly that is not turning to supply the clutch with rotational force.
    Hope this helps.
    Darren

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Please read my last post: Place a sheet of paper on the bypass and make a copy.If paper starts feeding, then you know the registration gear is spinning. Replace the registration clutch if its spinning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by onetek View Post
    Please read my last post: Place a sheet of paper on the bypass and make a copy.If paper starts feeding, then you know the registration gear is spinning. Replace the registration clutch if its spinning.
    Yes sir onetek, I have tried using the bypass and it is feeding but then jams before it reaches the registration roller because it is not spinning. I also could see the gear of the registration clutch spinning freely while rollers are not, and as sir king said maybe the clutch is not energized during the print that is why it doesn't engaged the roller to a rotational force. Another question sir, can I use a multi tester to check if the machine supplies power to the registration clutch when i make a copy? thank you all.

Technician 500+ Posts

Yes, you can use a multimeter to test to see if the clutch is getting the signal. I'm thinking if you place your leads across the connector of the clutch, and the copier is in ready state, you should get 0 volts. Then at some time during the copy process you should get a change from 0 volts to 24 volts. Watch your meter carefully for this change will be quick to see. Give it a try.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You could also check if the clutch clicks by going to mode F4-30.

Technician

Sory for long update, My new clutch arrived this morning and i have installed it right away. but still Registration roller were not spinning, i also could not get any reading of voltage when i tested the terminals of wires connected to registration clutch Ive also tried to trace those wires to its pcb board and take a reading directly and still no reading was given when i hit print, maybe it is not the Print that sends a signal to the registration clutch to engage but i am not sure, or maybe its the sensor located n the registration unit that signals the machine to send power to the clutch and then engage. Help me pls sir?

Technician 500+ Posts

Have you tried what onetech suggested? Did you hear the click? This is an important step in the troubleshooting process. If you hear the click, then you know that the circuit to engage the clutch, as well as the clutch itself is ok. This will determine what the next step would be to resolve your problem. Do this and get back with us.

copiertech 500+ Posts

When the registration sensor is actuated it tells the resistration clutch to fire. Have to checked, or replaced that sensor?

Technician

Finally it it worked, I replaced the sensor of the registration unit and it doesn't jam any more. But unfortunately my problem doesn't stops there. I have no print output just plain white bond paper, i don't know why. What could be the problem masters?? I am pretty sure that the glass are all clean and lights are all working too, does this something to do with charge corona or transfer/separator??? thanks