Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DP C405

techman777

DP C405

the paper stops at the registration rollers from all four trays and the bypass. But the copier will print out internal pages. any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Technician

Re: DP C405

would you like to help us? who is the jam code?
    If the machine is jammed, follow the procedure below.
    1. Turn the Power Switch on the Left Side, and the Main Power Switch on the Back of the machine to
    the OFF position. (If the Hard Disk Drive Unit is installed, turn the Power Switch on the Left Side of
    the machine to the OFF position first. After waiting approximately 10 seconds, turn the Main Power
    Switch on the Back of the machine to the OFF position.)
    2. Remove the Jammed paper.
    3. Turn the Main Power Switch on the Back, and the Power Switch on the Left Side of the machine to
    the ON position.
    4. Press the “Function”, and the “3” keys on the Control Panel.
    Jam Sensor Location of Printer

techman777

That's what's strange about this, the machine doesn't kick a code it keeps on running until you open the right side door and see the paper sitting at the registration rollers. I remove the paper and close the door it clears and does it again. I have checked the history in service mode and nothing is listed. And yes I have reset the power a few times with still the same result. Thanks for your help.

Technician 500+ Posts

Let me make sure I understand what you have posted.

You can run internal prints, right? Exactly how are you doing this? Are you sending print jobs from a PC or using the service mode to print internal prints? If you can use service mode to print, go to F9 and print a "machine info" page. This will list codes that will help us help you. Is this the one you checked and nothing was listed?

Also, if you try to make copies, regardless of drawer used, the paper stops at the registration sensor? Is the sensor actuated?

Answer these and we can move forward.

I've seen the same thing with an EC PCB.