Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Panasonic DP-8060 Error Code J44 and Sometimes J50 exits fuser but error's out

I have 25 Panasonic DP-8060 Copiers and 3 of them are giving the j44 error code. Each machine has about 600,000 copies on it. I know the book says exit sensor. Does it mean the exit sensor on the fuser or the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Technician 500+ Posts

Re: Panasonic DP-8060 Error Code J44 and Sometimes J50 exits fuser but error's out

SB-10-J50_Deformed_LeverPlate-(M-0210i)__DP-8060Series.pdfIn my experience I have had several things cause this. I am assuming that the paper is flat when you go to remove it. In other words, nothing physically stopping the paper.

1. Customer pulling on exit door prior to opening front door. See attached bulletin. Also I have seen the entire exit door warp. If you have one from another machine try swapping.

2. The springs on the inverter roller coming off. More likely the one on the front side of the machine.

3. Exit sensor actuator get a nick, due to wear, and causes enough hesitation to call up jam.

4. Pressure roller old. Maybe try swapping the fuser if you have one.

Here is a link to search Copytechnet. Copytechnet Forum Search - Via Google

That's all I can think of right now.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Panasonic DP-8060 Error Code J44 and Sometimes J50 exits fuser but error's out

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    SB-10-J50_Deformed_LeverPlate-(M-0210i)__DP-8060Series.pdfIn my experience I have had several things cause this. I am assuming that the paper is flat when you go to remove it. In other words, nothing physically stopping the paper.

1. Customer pulling on exit door prior to opening front door. See attached bulletin. Also I have seen the entire exit door warp. If you have one from another machine try swapping.

2. The springs on the inverter roller coming off. More likely the one on the front side of the machine.

3. Exit sensor actuator get a nick, due to wear, and causes enough hesitation to call up jam.

4. Pressure roller old. Maybe try swapping the fuser if you have one.

Here is a link to search Copytechnet. Copytechnet Forum Search - Via Google

That's all I can think of right now.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Run copies from the platen glass and the document feeder. If it only jams using the document feeder, check the exit baffle solenoid and inspect the sensor inside the inverter as it tends to form nicks on the actuator surface.

Platen copies exit fuser and go straight to the exit tray. Doc feeder copies exit the fuser, go down into inverter, and then to the exit tray.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Run copies from the platen glass and the document feeder. If it only jams using the document feeder, check the exit baffle solenoid and inspect the sensor inside the inverter as it tends to form nicks on the actuator surface.

Platen copies exit fuser and go straight to the exit tray. Doc feeder copies exit the fuser, go down into inverter, and then to the exit tray.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Panasonic DP-8060 Error Code J44 and Sometimes J50 exits fuser but error's out

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you all for the response. It was actually a small spring on the exit sensor. When actuated it would go back up to slow. Removed spring tighten it up and wd40 and all is working and has not jam since.