Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Panasonic DP 2310 Light Copies

4 or 5 months ago this customer called in for light copies and I changed the developer, drum and blade. It ran great up to a week or so ago. Now it has come up with light copies again. It acts (this time) like it's not getting enough toner. Although light, the copies are in tact. Anyone had this happen before. Thinking I should up the toner motor speed or something along these lines... Thanks so much for any help..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Panasonic DP 2310 Light Copies

I had an 1810 copier that did that it turned out to be the high voltage power supply board, the board that provides the bias to the dev unit. We switched to aftermarket toner, which has caused all sorts of issues, but usually corrected with the steps you seemed to already take.

Hope this helps,

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Logged-on View Post
    I had an 1810 copier that did that it turned out to be the high voltage power supply board, the board that provides the bias to the dev unit. We switched to aftermarket toner, which has caused all sorts of issues, but usually corrected with the steps you seemed to already take.

Hope this helps,

Marc
    Thanks so much !!

Technician 500+ Posts

I have found that the auger system for the toner gets a little compacted and needs cleaning out from time to time. Its the auger that transports the toner from the bottle to the developer. Can't miss it. Pull it out (messy) and vac out the toner and clean the auger (dry wipe only). Had several of this series running lite and this seem to fix it. We use compatible toners. Never used OEM. When ever I change out the drum, I always replace charge roller and cleaning blade. Charge rollers do not last as long as they should if your using compatible toner. Mojorolla told me about this.

You can check the bias voltage on the front of the dev unit. Should be about -550V. Doctor blade gap is .6-.7mm. I took over service of a lot of Panasonics about 2 years ago and found these items have been tweeked. Bias is adjustable in the F6 section of the service mode.

Hoe this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    I have found that the auger system for the toner gets a little compacted and needs cleaning out from time to time. Its the auger that transports the toner from the bottle to the developer. Can't miss it. Pull it out (messy) and vac out the toner and clean the auger (dry wipe only). Had several of this series running lite and this seem to fix it. We use compatible toners. Never used OEM. When ever I change out the drum, I always replace charge roller and cleaning blade. Charge rollers do not last as long as they should if your using compatible toner. Mojorolla told me about this.

You can check the bias voltage on the front of the dev unit. Should be about -550V. Doctor blade gap is .6-.7mm. I took over service of a lot of Panasonics about 2 years ago and found these items have been tweeked. Bias is adjustable in the F6 section of the service mode.

Hoe this helps.
    It sure does... Thank-you so much Sure do appreciate ya !!