Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Panasonic DP2330/3030/2310/3010 Windows 8 compatible printer driver

I've got too many of these models out there and customers are upgrading to Windows 8.1 but not upgrading their copier...arggh.

I found that the only printer driver that will work is the DP8016 with the only exception of duplexing.

It will send a print job, single sided, top tray, but that's about it. I tell my customer's it's a workaround and use at your own risk.

Anyone else found print drivers for Windows 8 to these old boxes?

Please let me know.

thanks.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Re: Panasonic DP2330/3030/2310/3010 Windows 8 compatible printer driver

I have been fortunate enough to not have any of those customers with these pieces of junk upgrade to windows 8 so I haven't tried it yet, but you might try to either use the windows 7 beta driver for it HERE. This driver is only available without installer which just means you have to manually add it through control panel. OR, you could try the 8032 driver (the "Updated" version of the 2330/3030) HERE. This one has the installer.

Again, I haven't tried either one but it's worth a shot. I would try it yourself before having a customer do it as Panasonics seems to be very sensitive when it comes to drivers. If you use the wrong one for the wrong machine, it could print off a ream of paper with wingdings font.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks J. I think I had some issues with trying the Win 7 Beta and the 8032 driver a while back, and it had to do with the way windows 8 accepted it. It would make sense for the 8032 driver to work, but I recall it not installing properly. It was a while back, and I may just try it again. Thanks for the tips.

Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I've got too many of these models out there and customers are upgrading to Windows 8.1 but not upgrading their copier...arggh.

I found that the only printer driver that will work is the DP8016 with the only exception of duplexing.

It will send a print job, single sided, top tray, but that's about it. I tell my customer's it's a workaround and use at your own risk.

Anyone else found print drivers for Windows 8 to these old boxes?

Please let me know.

thanks.
    I've used the 8025/32 drivers on a couple of Windows 8 computers for a 3010. It worked just fine but I only tested single-sided copies. Never thought to test duplexing and the customer hasn't had any complaints. Not sure they use the feature though.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.