Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

6010 won't come to ready

You can hear a clicking noise internally. I'm thinking it's a relay, maybe on the power supply board. And I think the display's background light goes on and off, but no information on it, just white. It continues to click, trying to start up, but never gets there. I'm sure someone's seen this. I tried searching for it here, but I couldn't find anything. thanks.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: 6010 won't come to ready

Get out the volt meter and check the power supply. It is in the compartment under the fuser; right next to tray 1.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

[QUOTE=mojorolla;434371]Get out the volt meter and check the power supply. It is in the compartment under the fuser; right next to tray 1.

I have a good 5 and 24 volts at the AC Driver PCB. I followed the flow charts on p150 and 151. I have 5v on CN52 pin 36 (page 151). Next step is to replace 'LCD Module'. But I have a sneaking suspicion that won't fix it. Seems like out-of-range voltage somewhere. I'm still hoping someone that has seen this problem will chime in here.
    Here's another description of the symptoms. With the main switch in the back turned on, you will hear a tiny rhythmic clicking noise, and it's coming from the control panel, right around the 'start' button. When the side switch is turned on, the display flickers dimly, and the clicking noise continues unaffected. Nothing else happens. Every once in a while when the power is reset, it will come to ready and act normally. Maybe I shouldn't have said normal because when it did come to ready once yesterday, I made a copy and the bottom half was blank (LTR paper mode). I had the finisher disconnected, and the machine does not have Fax or extra memory, or any Scan etc keys installed. Wish I had a spare control panel. Anybody?

Most likely a PNL1 PCB. Going into a boot loop. That series is famous for it. On rare occasions, I've seen HD's do it. The clicking is when it's trying to reboot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Did you check point to point from CN52 on SC PCB to CN220 on PNL1 PCB?

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

I know it's a totally different machine, but it might not hurt to bring the 6010's equivalent to the C406's SC board with you, and maybe LVPS.

Had exact same problem, but on a C406. Symtoms match to a T. Also noticed certain LEDs on the SC board, and the power light for the ethernet port, blinking to the same rate as the clicking and LCD flashing. Tried a known good entire control panel, same results. tried unhooking anything the machine didn't absolutely need, HDD, extra memory, fax, 3&4 paper tray, etc.. still clicking, even with no control panel assembly installed, still saw the leds blinking on the SC board. Unfortunately I never got to fix it as we decided to just swap it with another working C406 since they were close to upgrading.

I was in communication with tech support, and the next step would have been the SC board, after that, probably LVPS. My bet would have been on the SC board, but that's only because those color Panasonics had some really strange image and memory problems that were fixed by replacing that board.

Great information, thank you all very much. The customer has acquired a similar machine, and will use the ailing one as a donor. When that happens, I'll try a few board swaps, starting with PNL1. If I do come up with the remedy, I'll post it here. Thanks again.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Last week, on a dp-c266, same symptoms, SC board fixed it.