Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 95

Thread: Electronics

  1. #81
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    1,047
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Electronics

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I'm looking for a good supply source for motion control items.
    I would like to start building my laser an router CNC machine.
    Its just a normal X,Y,Z gantry system. 1200x1200 or there abouts.

    Off the top of my head I'm looking for the following parts.:

    ---------------- Parts List -------------------
    3 x Nema 23, 34 hybrid stepper motors.
    3 x by stepper driver IC boards.
    3 x 8amp power supplies for stepper motors
    1 x PC breakout controller IC board with USB or ethernet interfacing.
    1 x Mach4 or TurboCAD software to suite PC breakout IC board.
    4x 1200mm linear rails an flat linear bearings.
    2x 20dia x 300 s/s rails an liner bearings.
    1 x 300mm leadsrew and lead bearing....
    2 x Bearings to suit 20dia leadscrew.
    1 x Laser head an Spindle motor.
    .
    .
    .
    etc....

    I'm looking at Importing the above items, but they want to much for each separate item $1200. Its cheaper to buy a whole machine ready made $600. The ready-made machine is bench top in size. I could buy the ready-made machine and use it as parts.
    COMPLETE DIY!!!

    Search Thingiverse - Thingiverse

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  2. #82
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Electronics

    Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    COMPLETE DIY!!!

    Search Thingiverse - Thingiverse

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Re above website.
    Wow....

    People and their creativity is amazing. Where there is a will there is a way....

    I would like to finally arrive at 3D printing of metal parts.
    I have a million ideas to print....

    I have a small machine shop at home, so making the required CNC parts should be no problem.


    tnx....
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  3. #83
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    1,047
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Electronics

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Re above website.
    Wow....

    People and their creativity is amazing. Where there is a will there is a way....

    I would like to finally arrive at 3D printing of metal parts.
    I have a million ideas to print....

    tnx....
    Many finishers have steppers so you should be able to pull some from your boneyard!!! I have about 50 Lbs of steppers that I pulled from Mfp's & finishers! You can also use steppers to make mini hand crank generators!!!....probably use to charge a decent size capacitor & from there add a joule thief circuit & power an LED Light for a decent amount of time!!!ElectronicsElectronics

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  4. #84
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    1,047
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Electronics

    Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Many finishers have steppers so you should be able to pull some from your boneyard!!! I have about 50 Lbs of steppers that I pulled from Mfp's & finishers! You can also use steppers to make mini hand crank generators!!!....probably use to charge a decent size capacitor & from there add a joule thief circuit & power an LED Light for a decent amount of time!!!ElectronicsElectronics

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Many steppers have a sintered metal gear that you can remove with a nut splitter or custom made gear puller. ElectronicsElectronics

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  5. #85
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Electronics

    I'm researching other CNC kit price options at the moment.

    The price is about 1/2 the price of others, but the catch is a minimum order is two complete kit sets.
    Which doubles the price back to equal every other company offering a single kit price......

    I would buy and import the minimum two sets if I wasn't in the design phase of this project.

    Bugger....
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  6. #86
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    1,047
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Electronics

    Follow Thomas!!! He has some Interesting Stuff!!!ElectronicsElectronics

    YouTube

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  7. #87
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Electronics

    skynet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,519
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Electronics

    Great Scott on youtube has some good stuff
    YouTube
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

  8. #88
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Electronics

    Not happy with Australia import dues,exchange rate and transport costs at the moment. Around $500 of import goods,turns into to around $1300 when you include exchange rate and transport costs in to Australia.

    If the same foreign manufacture transports the same product into the USA, the delivery cost is free. Total product cost around $500.
    Go figure...
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

  9. #89
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,994
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: Electronics

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Not happy with Australia import dues,exchange rate and transport costs at the moment. Around $500 of import goods,turns into to around $1300 when you include exchange rate and transport costs in to Australia.

    If the same foreign manufacture transports the same product into the USA, the delivery cost is free. Total product cost around $500.
    Go figure...
    Start with a 3d printer (creality ender series) and build an MPCNC with tube. Use a Makita router.
    Use Toshiba TB6560 drivers they are cheap and goes up to 4 amps with proper cooling.
    There are bunches of nema 17 and 23 motors on copiers. I have 2 crates full of them.
    Just make sure they have the same spec for X and Y, Z can be dissimilar.

    Use an older dell or HP Pentium 3 or 4 with an on-board LPT port to remove the problem of needing to change resource addresses.
    Basic breakouts are cheap.
    Or go for ethernet.
    Use LinuxCNC its tricky at first but all good.
    Fusion360 CAM is great.

    Or go Arduino CNC shield running GRBL firmware.
    Whatever

  10. #90
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Electronics

    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Start with a 3d printer (creality ender series) and build an MPCNC with tube. Use a Makita router.
    Use Toshiba TB6560 drivers they are cheap and goes up to 4 amps with proper cooling.
    There are bunches of nema 17 and 23 motors on copiers. I have 2 crates full of them.
    Just make sure they have the same spec for X and Y, Z can be dissimilar.

    Use an older dell or HP Pentium 3 or 4 with an on-board LPT port to remove the problem of needing to change resource addresses.
    Basic breakouts are cheap.
    Or go for ethernet.
    Use LinuxCNC its tricky at first but all good.
    Fusion360 CAM is great.

    Or go Arduino CNC shield running GRBL firmware.
    Fully understand what you're saying.

    I threw two trailer loads of rubbish to the dump? I was sick of looking at machines and parts.
    My workshop is clean of, what I call,"brain clutter".......

    Which copier machines have the Nema 23 steppers? I never really taken much notice?
    Most printers steppers motors wouldn't move the skin off custard.

    I would most likely stay with Win7 and go USB interfacing.
    I can program TurboCAD and hopefully interface to that software.

    I have a CNC machine parts list in my head,ready to sort out and order... soon I hope.....
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here