• F

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: paper poll

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    paper poll

Re: paper poll

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    This one wasn't just stupid, but advanced stupid. They not only were storing paper on the left side, which some of our other customers have been caught doing, but moved the paper end fence over. This machine has auto paper size detection so it figured that anything but 8.5x11LEF was in it, and subsequently jammed every time.
    Like this? Nope, never seem it.

Pusher Plate.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    I guess I voted high because a large amount of clicks I manage are between 4 school systems. One of them actually uses a rather good paper, but the teachers are always in a hurry and careless with it.
    Or the paper is stored in a 3F warehouse, then loaded directly to the machine. I wonder if that would make a difference? On the high volume bizhubs paper makes a huge difference with jams. All summer they've been complaining of 2101 jams. Now that the heat has been on for a few weeks the 2101's have dropped to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Living in the tropics, no one ever believes its their cheap paper until i put a new ream of reflex in and works perfect for 500 copies. Soon as 501 jams, then they still don't believe it
    I've done this exact thing. I arrive to a machine that jams. I load two reams of paper, and print out 1000 pages without a jam. Page 1001 jams. "I just couldn't be the paper ..."
    Why don't you just ignore the evidence right before your eyes.

Curled paper.JPG
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    This one wasn't just stupid, but advanced stupid. They not only were storing paper on the left side, which some of our other customers have been caught doing, but moved the paper end fence over. This machine has auto paper size detection so it figured that anything but 8.5x11LEF was in it, and subsequently jammed every time.
    Saw that picture and was thinking the exact thought. Tray had to be reporting 11x17 and jamming every time. If it actually picked it up that is. Saw the same thing many times. But when the tray lifted the leading edge to feed the top sheets of paper in a large percentage would slide backwards towards the center and away from the pickup rollers. No pickup and paper jam. Happened a lot too with one customer thought it was a great idea to load letter or legal in the same tray and not adjust the guide to support the letter sized paper.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Pusher Plate.JPG
    Curled paper.JPG
    Not sure about that top picture been a while since I've seen one. But there are several machines, Kyocera, Sharp, and Panasonics I believe that use both sides of the tray to feed paper. Not storage on one side and feed on the other. Of course I did have one customer that "stored" color paper in the extra space and could not understand why the Kyocera machine picked it up. Their Konica, in the other room, had two lower trays too but it never picked it up. Never could get the ding-a-ling to understand the Kyocera the tray was a single tray and feed from both sides, when one side ran out the other fed. The Konica actually had two different handles and was labelled as tray 3,4. The first three designed the trays to accept ten reams of paper so high volume machines did not require loading as often.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Pusher Plate.JPG
    Anytime I deliver a machine with a paper feeder like this on it I warn the customer and/or their IT if they have it to watch for this specific thing. I then tell them they will be calling me within the first week with a specific error code...they laugh....week later they call...I tell them how to fix it.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Anytime I deliver a machine with a paper feeder like this on it I warn the customer and/or their IT if they have it to watch for this specific thing. I then tell them they will be calling me within the first week with a specific error code...they laugh....week later they call...I tell them how to fix it.
    In a lot of cases these trays had lots and lots of jams when the customer would put the paper in slightly crooked or out of alignment, like ten pages had a corner flipped. Or even had a section of paper put in so the leading edge of the top ten or twelve pages would slide down in between the sides of the tray and the paper already installed in the tray. Resulting in the tray not lifting all the way. In the first instance because the folded corner were just high enough to trip the lift complete sensor. The second instance the tray lift would overload and not lift completely and throw a code. And had three or four customers that constantly had one or both problems and were calling regularly. Lots of "This is how you load paper in these trays" demos. Of course those were the ones forty miles out of town and needed it right away too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    paper poll

In the old days I used to teach customers to do all types of "paper yoga" and buy or fabricate "paper ovens" to minimize the posibility of jammig due to stickness or humidity. But from 15 years ago to nowadays I've seen everybody put directly the paper reams directly in the machine and never had any problem. It seems times have-a-changed...