Page 22 of 653 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122522 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Warning! This is what chemical warfare looks like today in Syria.

https://twitter.com/AlabedBana/statu...59640718315520

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

President Trump didn't draw the line... Obama did. And then ignored the line and looked like a fool.

Following a 2013 chemical weapons attack that killed more than 1400 people outside of Damascus which a U.S. government intelligence assessment concluded likely used a nerve agent, the Obama administration threatened retaliation but ultimately called off planned airstrikes after Assad agreed to turn over the majority of his chemical weapons arsenal to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, an international watchdog group.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/united-nations-hold-emergency-meeting-suspected-chemical-attack/story?id=46589159

Yet again, the White House is twisting facts to suit its political agenda.

Russia suggested on Wednesday it would publicly stand by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad despite outrage over a chemical weapons attack, setting Donald Trump's new U.S. administration on course for a head-on diplomatic collision with Moscow.

Obama threatened an air campaign to topple Assad but called it off at the last minute after the Syrian leader agreed to give up his chemical arsenal under a deal brokered by Moscow, a decision which Trump has long said proved Obama's weakness.

The new incident means Trump is faced with same dilemma that faced his predecessor: whether to openly challenge Moscow and risk deep involvement in a Middle East war by seeking to punish Assad for using banned weapons, or compromise and accept the Syrian leader remaining in power at the risk of looking weak.

Trump's response to a diplomatic confrontation with Moscow will be closely watched at home because of accusations by his political opponents that he is too supportive of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

President Trump is not in the same dilemma... he didn't draw a line in the sand or make any puffed up threats.

Regardless of your position, it is President Trumps's first unplanned foreign policy test.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Why does it have to be Americas responsibility? Where is NATO?.... and who will pick up the costs.? Additionally, thanks to Obamas' past empty threats ( red line) and disastrous policies he has put America in a precarious weak position.

Syria is a puppet state of Russia. It is reported that Sarin gas was used in the attack on the Syrian civilians but not yet proven. Syria would have needed Russia's help to acquire this man made toxin. Maybe the Assad regime had some undeclared stockpiles left after they agreed in 2013 to dispose of their entire chemical weapons program.

One can only wonder if this attack on Syrian civilians was only Assad's idea. What would be his motive? Was Putin involved in any of this?

Trump meets with President Xi of China for the next two days. This chemical attack has to be a topic of conversation between them.

Chances are as per the last couple of atrocities by the Assad Regime on its civilian population that there will be a lot of outcry and condemnation by world leaders but little will happen.

The USA is not obliged to respond to this terror attack with force. Opinions about the USA around the world are being shaped daily by the White House's words and actions.

President Donald Trump, speaking at a news conference on Wednesday, said the chemical attack against Syrian civilians "crossed a lot of lines for me ... it is beyond a red line for me" and changed the way he views Syria and leader Bashar al-Assad.

"I now have responsibility, and I will have that responsibility and carry it very proudly," Trump said responding to a question about a White House statement Tuesday that blamed the attack in part on President Barack Obama.

Earlier in the day, Trump had left the door open to new action in Syria in his first on-camera comments in response to a deadly suspected chemical attack in the Middle East.

"You will see," Trump said when asked if he would take new action, according to pool reporters present when Trump welcomed Jordan's King Abdullah to the Oval Office.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Syria is a puppet state of Russia. It is reported that Sarin gas was used in the attack on the Syrian civilians but not yet proven. Syria would have needed Russia's help to acquire this man made toxin. Maybe the Assad regime had some undeclared stockpiles left after they agreed in 2013 to dispose of their entire chemical weapons program.

One can only wonder if this attack on Syrian civilians was only Assad's idea. What would be his motive? Was Putin involved in any of this?

Trump meets with President Xi of China for the next two days. This chemical attack has to be a topic of conversation between them.

Chances are as per the last couple of atrocities by the Assad Regime on its civilian population that there will be a lot of outcry and condemnation by world leaders but little will happen.

The USA is not obliged to respond to this terror attack with force. Opinions about the USA around the world are being shaped daily by the White House's words and actions.

President Donald Trump, speaking at a news conference on Wednesday, said the chemical attack against Syrian civilians "crossed a lot of lines for me ... it is beyond a red line for me" and changed the way he views Syria and leader Bashar al-Assad.

"I now have responsibility, and I will have that responsibility and carry it very proudly," Trump said responding to a question about a White House statement Tuesday that blamed the attack in part on President Barack Obama.

Earlier in the day, Trump had left the door open to new action in Syria in his first on-camera comments in response to a deadly suspected chemical attack in the Middle East.

"You will see," Trump said when asked if he would take new action, according to pool reporters present when Trump welcomed Jordan's King Abdullah to the Oval Office.

The element of surprise in action!
    Also, if you actually gave a crap about the Syrians, you would have at least brought up the chemical attacks there during 2013. Those attacks were much worse, and your silence was deafening then.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 04-06-2017 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Initially changed one thing, and missed the train on everything else.

Yes, President Trump even said during his new conference that he would not be revealing in advance his intentions towards Syria.

After US Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley strongly condemned Russia yesterday over its support of Syria, today Russia is publicly asking President Trump what are his plans for Syria.

I volunteer at a Food Bank and often see Syrian refugees as there are many in Canada.

This event is different from the 2013 attack as it is President Trump's first foreign policy crisis and and his first response was to blame the Obama administration.

President Trump comes from a world where words are cheap. When you are President your words must have meaning and translate into real actions. Too often in the last few months, his blustery words lead to nothing.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 04-06-2017 at 12:57 PM.

President Trump, for all his talk, has always been a man of action. This is the first time I feel confident that my president will handle things appropriately. Obama was a man of talk. Cheap talk. It was so embarrassing having such a wuss for a pres. Bowing down to other foreign leaders, and cowering like a scared puppy.

But I also feel Pres Trump won't needlessly lead us into a war. He said several things from the very start:

1 - he won't take military action unless it's in the best interests of the US. I hate the fact that these kinds of things happen in the world, but we're not the world's policeman. Trying to behave as such is what led to a lot of problems in the past. And I don't know why we have room to take action when we tear apart millions of innocent babies every year. So from a moral standpoint, I don't know if military action is warranted. I'm just glad the decision isn't mine.

2 - He's not going to announce all his plans for things like this. He criticized Obama for announcing plans to the enemy, and told us from the start he wouldn't do that.