1. #2581
    IT Manager 1,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!


  2. #2582
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,762
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    In “Parasite,” the South Korean thriller that took home four Oscars Sunday night, including the award for best picture, the tension between rich and poor is on full display, juxtaposing the luxury and abundance of the haves with the hardship and squalor of the have-nots.

    YouTube

    It’s a theme that translates well to the U.S. — and which may well decide the trajectory of the 2020 presidential election.

    America’s wealth divide — a measure of the country’s wealth held by the most affluent compared with the rest of the population — has grown substantially over the past few decades.

    Oscar-winning '''Parasite''' evokes growing US wealth gap


    While the top echelon has recovered since the 2008 financial crisis, the middle class hasn’t enjoyed that same fortune, according to researchers at the Brookings Institution.

    Income inequality in the U.S. is higher than in other advanced economies, according to the Pew Research Center.

    The top 10% of Americans made half the country’s pre-tax household income in 2016, up from 42% in 1989, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. That means the rest of the country lost an equivalent share. This means that likely all the US members of CTN saw their pre tax income decline under President Trump.

    The bottom 50% of Americans — 63 million families — saw their share of total wealth decrease to 1% from 3% over that period.

    Their average wealth decreased from about $21,000 to $16,000.

    One in 10 families had a negative net worth, the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis found.

    Almost 40% of Americans wouldn’t be able to cover an unexpected $400 expense using cash or savings, according to the Federal Reserve Board.

    “Donald Trump won the presidency in part because he played on the ‘Parasite’ theme,” Court said. “And Bernie may win the presidency because he’s playing on the ‘Parasite’ theme.”

  3. #2583
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,367
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    In “Parasite,” the South Korean thriller that took home four Oscars Sunday night, including the award for best picture, the tension between rich and poor is on full display, juxtaposing the luxury and abundance of the haves with the hardship and squalor of the have-nots.

    YouTube

    It’s a theme that translates well to the U.S. — and which may well decide the trajectory of the 2020 presidential election.

    America’s wealth divide — a measure of the country’s wealth held by the most affluent compared with the rest of the population — has grown substantially over the past few decades.

    Oscar-winning '''Parasite''' evokes growing US wealth gap


    While the top echelon has recovered since the 2008 financial crisis, the middle class hasn’t enjoyed that same fortune, according to researchers at the Brookings Institution.

    Income inequality in the U.S. is higher than in other advanced economies, according to the Pew Research Center.

    The top 10% of Americans made half the country’s pre-tax household income in 2016, up from 42% in 1989, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. That means the rest of the country lost an equivalent share. This means that likely all the US members of CTN saw their pre tax income decline under President Trump.

    The bottom 50% of Americans — 63 million families — saw their share of total wealth decrease to 1% from 3% over that period.

    Their average wealth decreased from about $21,000 to $16,000.

    One in 10 families had a negative net worth, the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis found.

    Almost 40% of Americans wouldn’t be able to cover an unexpected $400 expense using cash or savings, according to the Federal Reserve Board.

    “Donald Trump won the presidency in part because he played on the ‘Parasite’ theme,” Court said. “And Bernie may win the presidency because he’s playing on the ‘Parasite’ theme.”
    It always amazes me how the right wing parties always seem to get the poorest people to vote for them, even though they don't even try to hide it that they are not looking out for the poorests interests.
    The right wing parties agenda always contains the trifecta of right wing policies. 1. Make the wealthy even wealthier. 2. Attack education by under funding it. 3. Attack health care, again by under funding it.
    And yet the poorest almost never fail to vote for the right wing parties.
    This is not exclusively in the US. It happens everywhere.

  4. #2584
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,762
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    It always amazes me how the right wing parties always seem to get the poorest people to vote for them, even though they don't even try to hide it that they are not looking out for the poorests interests.
    The right wing parties agenda always contains the trifecta of right wing policies. 1. Make the wealthy even wealthier. 2. Attack education by under funding it. 3. Attack health care, again by under funding it.
    And yet the poorest almost never fail to vote for the right wing parties.
    This is not exclusively in the US. It happens everywhere.
    According to President Trump's new proposed 2021 budget what you just described is exactly what is going to happen.

    White House budget: Trump proposes deep cuts to health care and safety net programs - CNNPolitics

    ... fortunately, the Democratically controlled Congress will never let this happen.

    America is going broke trying to fund a military super power all over the world at the expense of its neediest citizens. In many ways, the same thing that North Korea is doing.

  5. #2585
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts sharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    The people enjoying better times are not taking it from those "left behind" financially. Its not a zero sum game oit there. When you stragle out into the weeds and blunder through each day wonder why your masters degree in underwater basket weaving cost you 200 grand and you borrowed all of it, you are going to get left behind, and no, your neighbors should not be forced to pay your bills. Anyone who would blame President Trump for any health care disparities is just plain uninformed. The left seems to blame President Trump for inequality in income, yeah that is, there weren't any poor or wealthy people until Trump became president. I prrsonally can't stand Donald Trump but thank god every day that he's our President.

  6. #2586
    IT Manager 1,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,201
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    Trump’s proposed budget includes about $1 trillion in cuts to Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act over a decade, analysts said.


    The budget released Monday includes $844 billion over 10 years in cuts from the “President’s health reform vision,” a stand-in for the repeal and replacement of ObamaCare. There are also more than $150 billion in additional cuts from implementing Medicaid work requirements and other changes to the program, which would result in some people losing coverage if they did not meet the requirements.


    The cuts drew swift condemnation from Democrats, who pointed out that Trump himself promised not to cut Medicaid, the health insurance program for the poor, during his 2016 campaign.


    “I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,” Trump said in 2015, adding, “Every other Republican is going to cut it.”


    “Americans’ quality, affordable health care will never be safe with President Trump,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a statement on the budget proposal.


    A senior administration official defended the Medicaid cuts, arguing reforms will help preserve the program for people who need it most. “The Budget protects and preserves Medicaid by putting it on a sustainable path, so it can continue to provide vital services to those who need it the most, including children, the disabled, elderly and pregnant women,” the official said.


    In contrast to previous years, the budget does not spell out how Trump proposes to repeal and replace ObamaCare. Instead, the budget gives a savings number of $844 billion that could come from any number of possible changes to Medicaid or the health law’s exchanges and subsidies.


    One policy that is specified is that the budget calls for ending the additional federal funding that helped states expand Medicaid to cover more people under the Affordable Care Act, with officials arguing states can step up their spending if they want to expand the program.


    Elsewhere in the budget tables, the document puts total Medicaid cuts at about $920 billion over 10 years.


    In terms of practical impact, presidential budgets are often dead on arrival in Congress, and there is no chance these health care changes will pass while Democrats control the House.

  7. #2587
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts sharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    You are what you eat and when you swallow propaganda all day and nite, well, thats all you can regurgitate.

  8. #2588
    Aging Tech 1,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    copier addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Desboro
    Posts
    2,367
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    You are what you eat and when you swallow propaganda all day and nite, well, thats all you can regurgitate.
    Yup

  9. #2589
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    FrohnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nebraska, USA ------ GO BIG RED
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    Barr announces sweeping new sanctions, '''significant escalation''' against left-wing sanctuary cities | Fox News

    AG Barr going after sanctuary cities! GO BARR GO!
    We will not bow to illegals. You want to be here, do it the RIGHT WAY!
    And these liberal state/ city leaders that allow this crap to go on should be ashamed. Letting potentially violent criminals slide under the radar like they do.




    TRUMP2020

  10. #2590
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    6,537
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

    Nadler’s panic letter to Barr demands to know why DOJ is looking at Giuliani’s Biden-Ukraine info

    Nadless is getting worried the 'chit' is going to hit the fan.. and drag him into it.

    Nadler’s four-page letter charged that the process by which the DOJ has accepted info from Giuliani “would seem to be a significant departure from traditional channels,” and he demanded answers regarding the DOJ’s new “intake process” involved in receiving that material.
    He also raised questions about “conflicts of interest–both for the Department, generally, and for you [Barr], specifically.”
    Nadler wrote: “Whether or not you are in league with Mr. Giuliani and his associates, DOJ guidelines and regulations exist to protect you and the Department from even the appearance of a conflict of interest or any impropriety,” after referring to allegations by Giuliani associate Lev Parnas that Barr was connected to the effort to collect info on the Bidens in Ukraine.


    “Given your creation of a new ‘intake process’ for Mr. Giuliani, it is all the more important that you provide a complete explanation for your decision to sidestep standard Department practice,” Nadler added.


    Nadler's panic letter to Barr demands to know why DOJ is looking at Giuliani's Biden-Ukraine info

    TRUMP2020

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here