Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... I do not think you looked very hard.

The 2016 presidential election saw a record number of people place bets on the myriad of outcomes, as $258m (£198.7m) was spent gambling on the contest between Mr Trump and Hillary Clinton on Betfair Exchange.

I think you are missing the point entirely.
    No where on copier addicts link does it mention British people gambling on either election. That site is about Americans betting on the elections as the money spent is stated in dollars first and the equivalent in pounds sterling afterwards.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post

I think you are missing the point entirely.
    No where on copier addicts link does it mention British people gambling on either election. That site is about Americans betting on the elections as the money spent is stated in dollars first and the equivalent in pounds sterling afterwards.
    You are correct. It does not specifically mention British people. Kinda sorry I posted it

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

How the world has changed!

I was stopped in the grocery store parking lot today being asked by a women if I had a bag to give her.

We were both wearing masks.

The distribution of single use plastic bags in my area was banned this past Friday.

I had a $2.00 reusable grocery bag and gave it to her. She asked me if I wanted it back. I figured not much chance of that.

This would have never of had happened 10 months ago.

Simultaneous climate and COVID-19 protection measures at work ... it is a necessary but good thing!

The presidential election is just two days away and the stock market has locked-in its prediction, according to one indicator.

The stock market has made its prediction about who will win the election - CNN

The S&P 500 (SPX) fell 0.04% between July 31 and October 31. That means the market forecasts -- by a hair -- that Joe Biden will win, according to CFRA Research's Presidential Predictor.

The stock market has a fairly reliable track record: Since World War II, when the S&P 500 fell in the three months leading up to the November vote during a presidential election year, the incumbent president or party of the outgoing president has lost the election 88% of the time.

Similarly, when the S&P 500 rises during that period, the incumbent or party of the outgoing president has won 82% of the time.

The stock market had been predicting a Trump victory until Friday, when the S&P 500 tumbled 1.2%. That was just enough to send stocks negative over the past three months, giving the razor-thin edge to Biden.

"This year, the Predictor closed ever so slightly in the red during this three-month period, implying, but not guaranteeing, that Biden will emerge victorious," said Sam Stoval, CFRA's chief investment strategist.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The presidential election is just two days away and the stock market has locked-in its prediction, according to one indicator.

The stock market has made its prediction about who will win the election - CNN

The S&P 500 (SPX) fell 0.04% between July 31 and October 31. That means the market forecasts -- by a hair -- that Joe Biden will win, according to CFRA Research's Presidential Predictor.

The stock market has a fairly reliable track record: Since World War II, when the S&P 500 fell in the three months leading up to the November vote during a presidential election year, the incumbent president or party of the outgoing president has lost the election 88% of the time.

Similarly, when the S&P 500 rises during that period, the incumbent or party of the outgoing president has won 82% of the time.

The stock market had been predicting a Trump victory until Friday, when the S&P 500 tumbled 1.2%. That was just enough to send stocks negative over the past three months, giving the razor-thin edge to Biden.

"This year, the Predictor closed ever so slightly in the red during this three-month period, implying, but not guaranteeing, that Biden will emerge victorious," said Sam Stoval, CFRA's chief investment strategist.

You sound worried....like your heart is pumping koolaid looking for sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    You sound worried....like your heart is pumping koolaid looking for sugar.
    I like 88% odds.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Bolton saying Trump's incompetent. People that worked with him saying they're voting for Biden. Good to know some people have sense.