Page 51 of 654 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151551 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Personally, I believe health insurance (along with government regulation) has just about choked the health care industry to death.

There's a doctor in my area who has decided enough is enough. You can go to this doctor and pay $50 per month, directly to him, and get almost everything you need from him. Even lab work. If they have to outsource something, they do it at cost. They provide prescriptions at cost, some of them for free. I think kids are a slightly lower price per month.

No fighting with insurance companies over what's needed and what isn't. You and your doctor decide.

That's the kind of American innovation we need.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Personally, I believe health insurance (along with government regulation) has just about choked the health care industry to death.

There's a doctor in my area who has decided enough is enough. You can go to this doctor and pay $50 per month, directly to him, and get almost everything you need from him. Even lab work. If they have to outsource something, they do it at cost. They provide prescriptions at cost, some of them for free. I think kids are a slightly lower price per month.

No fighting with insurance companies over what's needed and what isn't. You and your doctor decide.

You can bet the greedy insurance companies will lobby the government to make this kind of solution illegal. Don't want someone taking initiative and cutting into corporate profits.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

It is called concierge healthcare. The Future of Healthcare Could Be in Concierge Medicine
    We have one here in Bakersfield, The Practice. The doctor who established it, Dr. Jan Mensink, is also a regular guest on a local talk show, The Jaz McKay show on KNZR 1560AM/97.7FM and online at KNZR 1560 AM 97.7 FM - Rush Limbaugh | Talk Radio | Fox News week days from noon to 3PM Pacific.
    Concierge Medical Care & Direct Pay: The Practice Bakersfield, CA

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    You can bet the greedy insurance companies will lobby the government to make this kind of solution illegal. Don't want someone taking initiative and cutting into corporate profits.
    Governments, not insurance companies, are the ones who are greedy. Concierge health dare providers started up as an alternative to the high deductibles and co pays under the ACA. If you have insurance, they will bill your insurance for services. You just do not have to make a co pay or meet any deductible.If you cannot afford insurance under the ACA and do not want to be paced under Medicaid, it is a very affordable alternative. One other thing, I have heard that for those who have been placed on a government supplemented policy, AKA Medicaid, and later their income increases to the point where they no longer qualify, many states, California is one of them, will come after you for any amount they have supplemented.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

(Warning long rant ahead...)

Invisible Profit by people physically suffering:
    The best part about disease and chronic ill health, is that it does not discriminate against anyone, age, race, religion or gender. If one person cannot afford ba$ic health care, then ALL PEOPLE will carry that same cost. If one person is forced to carry chronic-ill health because of ridiculous financial / corporate greed, --ALL PEOPLE
    WILL CARRY CHRONIC ILL HEALTH.

Disease does NOT discriminate.

All people with chronic ill-health should gather together on mass "inside" their own parliamentary buildings to the show the pen pushers how well their greedy health system is working. It won't take long before the disease spreads through the pen-pushers families and associates, an only then will the corrupt greedy system of the health & dental industry be addressed, at lighting speed, along with a fare-for-all approach.

One of the best things about disease is that it does not discriminate, it makes quick friends with every biological entity. All systems of greed will duly meet face-to-face with it's own fruitful rewards. What good is a greedy health care system if there is no one left on earth to continually fund and finance it? It is better to have a proper health care system for everyone, than finanically rich health care system for no one. Oh that's right, you don't make money from healthy people. Therefore, should we address the adjunct of the "health care system" to the proper definiton of the "Wealth Care System."

The bureaucrats also fail to realise that if they don't build hospitals in the areas that contain the most health problems, those chronic ill people will have to travel to the major city hospitals to receive treatment. Those chronically ill people will gather on mass in the cities where the bureaucrat families work and play. Isn't disease wonderful how it does not discriminate, it quickly makes friends with every one.

The gov't system needs to build more "local" hospitals an allow access to low-low cost university degrees for the medical industry. More doctors and nurses means more competition and less physical strain on the health care system, which will also bring about less private centralised financial greed. Gov't should build gov't owned and run factories for medical supplies and machinery. A Gov't own medical "industry" will bring greedy profit by people suffering to the lowest dollar level.

Dear bureaucrats --YOU QUICKLY FIX THE HEALTH PROBLEMS IN THE LOCAL AREA, OR THE PEOPLE BRING THE HEALTH PROBLEMS TO YOUR AREA!!!." Invisible financial greed will never stop physical ill health and unnecessary suffering.

Just the usual 2 5 cents worth....
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-11-2017 at 03:25 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I hate to say this NEO, but the best way to destroy any industry is to get the government involved. Just look at the mess the VA is in. My dad had to go to the VA hospital last year, and I got a good look at it. I was very nearly brought to tears, seeing the way we treat our vets.

There's one aspect of healthcare that's often not talked about. In Cincinnati, there are pretty many hospitals. I think over 8 of them in one small part of the city (Clifton). MOST of them started as charitable organizations. A group of nuns gathering together to try to take care of those who were sick but lacked the funds for good doctors. That sort of thing. To start, they didn't need thousands of certifications, mountains of red tape paperwork, and millions of dollars spent to get through all the regulatory stuff. They just bought a building and started taking care of people.

You can't do that anymore. Not in America.

I'm not saying that charity could solve the problem here, but I would say that less regulation can go a long way toward solving the problem.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

I hate to say this NEO, but the best way to destroy any industry is to get the government involved. Just look at the mess the VA is in. My dad had to go to the VA hospital last year, and I got a good look at it. I was very nearly brought to tears, seeing the way we treat our vets.

There's one aspect of healthcare that's often not talked about. In Cincinnati, there are pretty many hospitals. I think over 8 of them in one small part of the city (Clifton). MOST of them started as charitable organizations. A group of nuns gathering together to try to take care of those who were sick but lacked the funds for good doctors. That sort of thing. To start, they didn't need thousands of certifications, mountains of red tape paperwork, and millions of dollars spent to get through all the regulatory stuff. They just bought a building and started taking care of people.

You can't do that anymore. Not in America.

I'm not saying that charity could solve the problem here, but I would say that less regulation can go a long way toward solving the problem.
    True, governments generally screw things up, but leaving health care to be decided in the boardrooms of insurance companies is making money the top priority instead of what it should be, people. It needs to be a not for profit system, whether government run of privately run.

The point in question is "efficiency" and it's positive use in the positions of control/power.
    Are there any private, corporate boards or committees that can work together with any operational efficiency?
    There is always people in every group that will thwart the progress of a sustainable positive outcome.

Here in Oz we basically have the opposite situation. The Aussie government has been selling off public assets, road, rail, public works over the last few decades. The first thing that happens when the gov't assets are sold, the corporate bum cleaners go through that industry and remove 1000's of jobs. Some of these jobs have been local for 2-3 generation of families. Those jobs no longer circulate money in their own local community. The less money circulating in any community the more that community goes under. But hey!, the corporate bum cleaners can have their auditors roll through their books and spruce about how well their efficient industry now operates. It operates so "efficiently well" it's now shut down, but at least the books look good for inspection.

A good example happened just recent. The Railway workshops local in this community had been taken over by private enterprise, and now that private enterprise is closing down the main rebuild section of the railway workshops, 100's of jobs are now going. These jobs have been local for a very long time.

The gov't can pay their current "employed" workers through gov't working industry, or they in turn can pay their same "unemployed" workers through the dole queue. Either way the gov't still have to pay the money back to the workers where it came from in the first place.

Bureaucratic red tape can be over come with dignified diligence.

Who is willing to stand up an be accountable if their choices fail?
    Who has the spine to stand like a man if their choices are wrong,
    not many corporate gods can lay claim to that moral.

There is a balance point for all things. You have to maintain that equilibrium else every thing around that focal point fails. All things must balance else they cease to exist, no if's no but's. The balance point of all existance is unbreakable universal law.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-11-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

And what exactly has the government done with the revenue from the sales of those assets? How many government worker layoffs would have occurred had the government not had those revenues?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And what exactly has the government done with the revenue from the sales of those assets? How many government worker layoffs would have occurred had the government not had those revenues?
    The government in my province is slowly selling off the hydro utility simply so they can show a balanced budget for one year.

The sale of any public assets comes with a one off monetary exchange. Obviously once an assets is sold there is not longer any possible income from that asset. Why are the sale of public assets transferred over to the private sector management? Isn't there any asset managers in gov't? The revenue from gov't assets sales is a very interesting topic especially when expressed through tautology.

The facts are, that all gov't managed public assets belong to every single person who paid taxes in that country. When the gov't sells any public asset, it's some how fitting on behalf of the gov't that they do not require permission, or write a letter to any person seeking such permission to sell the given public assets. It is further befitting that the gov't does not send a portion of the sale from that asset(s) to each tax paying citizens bank account stating that you hereby received dividends from the sale of "your" public asset "such-n-such".

It has always been somewhat cumbersome in my mind to be able to purchase a portion of public asset that I, along with every other tax payer, already own. Such be the case, how do I buy a public asset that I already own? Bewilders me every time I hear about public assets being sold off. I have yet to receive any envelope in the mail asking for permission to sell my public assets to private companies. I have yet to receive any dividends from any such public asset sale.

I'm no expert on public assets sales but, I guess it could come down to how you align yourself with the term insider trading.

5 cents worth...
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-12-2017 at 06:04 AM.