Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Reagan's daughter slams Trump: We risk 'forgetting what the presidency is supposed to be'
    Reagan's daughter slams Trump: We risk 'forgetting what the presidency is supposed to be'
    Patti Davis, a daughter of the late President Reagan, bashed President Trump in a new column, writing that "he may very well be destroying more than we can ever rebuild."

Davis contrasts the leadership of her father's administration to Trump's, writing for the Daily Beast that, "We run the risk, it seems to me, of forgetting what the presidency is supposed to be."

"We will never save this democracy until we remember what it feels like to have as our president someone who puts democracy above personal, selfish interests," she adds.

She also argues that Trump's colleagues work in "fear" of the president, writing, "Almost on a daily basis now, we hear about how frightened people are of Donald Trump—Republican Senators, people working in the White House in various capacities."

"They fear his wrath and his insatiable appetite for revenge," she said.

Davis recalls her father once explaining to her why Jewish people in concentration camps did not try to overthrow Nazi soldiers, even though the prisoners outnumbered the guards. She writes that Reagan told her that the prisoners were afraid and that anything can be done when people are frightened.

In the past, Davis has been vocal about her disapproval of Trump.

Last summer, she wrote a Washington Post op-ed saying that her father would never have stood for Trump's attacks on the press and media.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Patti Davis, a daughter of the late President Reagan, bashed President Trump in a new column, writing that "he may very well be destroying more than we can ever rebuild."

Davis contrasts the leadership of her father's administration to Trump's, writing for the Daily Beast that, "We run the risk, it seems to me, of forgetting what the presidency is supposed to be."

"We will never save this democracy until we remember what it feels like to have as our president someone who puts democracy above personal, selfish interests," she adds.

She also argues that Trump's colleagues work in "fear" of the president, writing, "Almost on a daily basis now, we hear about how frightened people are of Donald Trump—Republican Senators, people working in the White House in various capacities."

"They fear his wrath and his insatiable appetite for revenge," she said.

Davis recalls her father once explaining to her why Jewish people in concentration camps did not try to overthrow Nazi soldiers, even though the prisoners outnumbered the guards. She writes that Reagan told her that the prisoners were afraid and that anything can be done when people are frightened.

In the past, Davis has been vocal about her disapproval of Trump.

Last summer, she wrote a Washington Post op-ed saying that her father would never have stood for Trump's attacks on the press and media.

Patti Davis (Reagan's daughter) is another left wing bimbo from Follywood.
    she has been a 'writer' for WAPO for decades. She even talked bad about her father... she is no republican!
    In a September 20, 2018, op-ed for the Washington Post, Davis stated she was the victim of sexual assault nearly 40 years earlier at the hand of a studio executive. The op-ed was released the same week Christine Blasey Ford recounted an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Davis released the piece in support of Blasey Ford when she had been criticized for not remembering details of the assault.[11][12][13]
    After the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh in October 2018, Davis accused President Donald Trump of failing to provide solace to the nation in times of tragedy: "Let's stop asking him!" [14]
    On August 1, 2019, Davis wrote an editorial in the Washington Post condemning comments made by her father about black Africans at the U.N. in a 1971 phone conversation with President Richard Nixon which Nixon taped. The tapes were publicly released the day prior. In the editorial, Davis wrote "There is no defense, no rationalization, no suitable explanation for what my father said on that taped phone conversation."[15]

TRUMP2020

And I didn't even have to use oversized fonts to make MY point.
    Maybe you should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Patti Davis (Reagan's daughter) is another left wing bimbo from Follywood.
    she has been a 'writer' for WAPO for decades. She even talked bad about her father... she is no republican!
    In a September 20, 2018, op-ed for the Washington Post, Davis stated she was the victim of sexual assault nearly 40 years earlier at the hand of a studio executive. The op-ed was released the same week Christine Blasey Ford recounted an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Davis released the piece in support of Blasey Ford when she had been criticized for not remembering details of the assault.[11][12][13]
    After the synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh in October 2018, Davis accused President Donald Trump of failing to provide solace to the nation in times of tragedy: "Let's stop asking him!" [14]
    On August 1, 2019, Davis wrote an editorial in the Washington Post condemning comments made by her father about black Africans at the U.N. in a 1971 phone conversation with President Richard Nixon which Nixon taped. The tapes were publicly released the day prior. In the editorial, Davis wrote "There is no defense, no rationalization, no suitable explanation for what my father said on that taped phone conversation."[15]

TRUMP2020

And I didn't even have to use oversized fonts to make MY point.
    Maybe you should try it.

Must of hit a nerve
    Nope

Cotton repeats coronavirus conspiracy theory, despite evidence
    Coronavirus conspiracy theories have, predictably, spread from the Republican fringe to the Republican mainstream.
    There are some prominent political figures in the nation's capital who seem a little too fond of conspiracy theories. Folks like Donald Trump and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) routinely seem to embrace some rather nutty explanations for events with more rational explanations.

But let's not forget Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), who occasionally embraces some doozies of his own.

As regular readers may recall, it was six years ago when the far-right Arkansan told voters that Islamic State militants may travel to North America, partner with Mexican drug cartels, cross the border, plot terrorist strikes, and target his land-locked state. Pressed for some kind of evidence, Cotton referenced a piece from an unhinged conspiracy-theory website.

A Washington Post fact-check piece said at the time, "As a lawmaker, Cotton needs to be careful about making inflammatory statements based on such flimsy evidence."

Alas, the GOP senator did not take the advice to heart. In 2018, Cotton touted a weird conspiracy theory to blame Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) for Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's accusations against then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. In 2020, the Arkansan apparently sees some merit in a brand new conspiracy theory, and this one's about the coronavirus. The Washington Post reported:

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) repeated a fringe theory suggesting that the ongoing spread of a coronavirus is connected to research in the disease-ravaged epicenter of Wuhan, China. Cotton referenced a laboratory in the city, the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory, in an interview on Fox News's "Sunday Morning Futures." He said the lab was near a market some scientists initially thought was a starting point for the virus's spread.

The GOP senator conceded there's no "evidence that this disease originated there," though Cotton nevertheless believes officials "need to at least ask the question."

We Calculated How Much We Pay Trump to Play Golf. It Turns Out, He's America's 10th Highest Paid Athlete
    The great ones play through pain.

At 8:55 a.m. on Feb. 19, 2018, as Parkland, Fla., residents headed to a local church to mourn the senseless murder of 14-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Alaina Petty, 40 miles away, the president of the United States woke up early in the morning, slipped into a white polo shirt, a white Make America Great Again cap, piled in a golf cart and hit the links for four hours and 52 minutes.

That same weekend, as Trump luxuriated at Mar-a-Lago on our dime, professional golfer Bubba Watson collected $1,296,000 for his victory at the PGA’s Genesis Open. Since then, Watson has played in 44 events and earned an estimated $8.3 million on the PGA Tour. Rory McIlroy, the No. 1 player in the world, has earned nearly $12 million playing in 48 golf events over the last two years. Tiger Woods has only played in 33 events and earned $8.5 million.

Since then, according to Trump Golf Count, which tracks the president’s golf outings, Trump played at least 71 times.

But $63 million in endorsements made Tiger the highest-paid golfer and the 11th highest-paid athlete in the world in 2019. Russell Wilson’s $89.5 million haul in salary and endorsements earned him a Just for Me relaxer, a turtleneck and the title of America’s highest-paid athlete, according to Forbes. Of course, none of these athletes take all that money home. They have to pay caddies, trainers, managers, agents and personnel. Those dollar amounts simply reflect what owners, sponsors, organizations and companies paid these athletes to play “the sports.”

According to the Government Accountability Office, during a one-month period in 2017, Americans paid $13 million for four trips to Trump properties for golf outings, including $60,000 for rooms and space at the Palm Beach resort. This includes thousands of dollars for lodging and feeding Secret Service agents paid directly to the resort owned by Trump. Using GAO data detailing the costs of Donald Trump’s travel, we can estimate that taxpayers pay about $600,000 per round of golf. The Washington Posts estimates that we pay $3.4 million for each presidential visit to the “Southern White House.”

Since 2016, federal government departments have spent about $130 million for Trump to hit the links. That doesn’t include another $13.8 million incurred in local security costs that the federal government reimbursed to the city of Palm Beach through spring 2019. If you extrapolate those costs to today’s date, the total local and federal costs for Trump’s athletic endeavors total $152 million or roughly $50.6 million per year for Trump to play golf. In the three years since Trump became president, no billionaire team owner, no sports organization, no company has paid a human being more to play golf.

Using Forbes’ list of highest-paid athletes, Trump ties for 10th among America’s best-paid athletes and 17th in the world. Trump’s “salary” is the same as Los Angeles Angels superstar Mike Trout’s, whose 12-year, $426.5 million deal was the richest contract in the history of team sports.

In eight years, Obama’s total travel costs, including family vacations, totaled $114 million. Most of that family travel money wasn’t spent on golf outings or paid to companies owned by Obama. Even if it did, Obama’s name would still not appear on the Forbes list. That $14.25 million per year would land Obama above Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive tackle Geno Atkins but below second-string Charlotte Hornets center Cody Zeller.

I think that the American people should at least get their money’s worth. If we’re going to pay the president to play golf, we should at least get to watch. And we should own a sizable investment in Mar-a-Lago by now. We should be able to rent it out for family reunions, cookouts and gender reveals. If Trump wants to play golf, it’s perfectly fine. But he should have to pay his own way or stay home. Isn’t that how this is supposed to work?

Oh, wait...here’s an idea:

Trump vs. Obama in a golf match.

Winner gets to be president again.

I’d pay for that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

What a CLOWN show that debate was last night. I have not been able to get past ten minutes in the previous ones. This one was at least a laff listening to them attacking eachother all night. I can not picture who would vote for any of these losers. They make me want to vote for Trump even more than I did before.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    What a CLOWN show that debate was last night. I have not been able to get past ten minutes in the previous ones. This one was at least a laff listening to them attacking each other all night. I can not picture who would vote for any of these losers. They make me want to vote for Trump even more than I did before.
    you're right!
    the ones that aren't shooting themselves in the foot, are being eaten alive by the others..

and then there is Mini Mike... the biggest BSA in the crowd!

TRUMP2020

What A CROOK!
    Trump world now awaits Roger Stone pardon
    “It’s not a question of if,” said a former senior administration official. “It’s when.”

256 days Tick Tock!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    What A CROOK!
    Trump world now awaits Roger Stone pardon
    “It’s not a question of if,” said a former senior administration official. “It’s when.”

256 days Tick Tock!
    I sure hope he does pardon him. Stone did not deserve what they did to him. They raided his home swat style, they were sure to let CNN know so they could be there to film it. Stones wife is in a wheelchair I believe. I have seen murderers be taken in where they did not go to these lengths. They could have walked up and rang the doorbell. If he was not a friend of Trump it would never have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I sure hope he does pardon him. Stone did not deserve what they did to him. They raided his home swat style, they were sure to let CNN know so they could be there to film it. Stones wife is in a wheelchair I believe. I have seen murderers be taken in where they did not go to these lengths. They could have walked up and rang the doorbell. If he was not a friend of Trump it would never have happened.

A Great Guy! Judge Amy Berman Jackson has just sentenced Trump ally Roger Stone to 40 months in prison. He was convicted last year on seven charges of obstruction, lying to Congress and witness tampering.