Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History
    It’s more glaring than Pearl Harbor and 9/11—and it’s all the fault of Donald Trump’s leadership.
    Suffice it to say, the Trump administration has cumulatively failed, both in taking seriously the specific, repeated intelligence community warnings about a coronavirus outbreak and in vigorously pursuing the nationwide response initiatives commensurate with the predicted threat. The federal government alone has the resources and authorities to lead the relevant public and private stakeholders to confront the foreseeable harms posed by the virus. Unfortunately, Trump officials made a series of judgments (minimizing the hazards of COVID-19) and decisions (refusing to act with the urgency required) that have needlessly made Americans far less safe.

In short, the Trump administration forced a catastrophic strategic surprise onto the American people. But unlike past strategic surprises—Pearl Harbor, the Iranian revolution of 1979, or especially 9/11—the current one was brought about by unprecedented indifference, even willful negligence. Whereas, for example, the 9/11 Commission Report assigned blame for the al Qaeda attacks on the administrations of presidents Ronald Reagan through George W. Bush, the unfolding coronavirus crisis is overwhelmingly the sole responsibility of the current White House.

Last week, the Washington Postreported on the steady drumbeat of coronavirus warnings that the intelligence community presented to the White House in January and February. These alerts made little impact upon senior administration officials, who were undoubtedly influenced by President Donald Trump’s constant derision of the virus, which he began on Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

No Comment Video says it all

Manufacturers Seek U.S. Help in Deciding Where to Ship Scarce Medical Goods
    To address coronavirus-related shortages, companies want the federal government to provide strategic guidance

Producers and distributors of medical supplies across the country are raising red flags about what they say is a lack of guidance from the federal government about where to send their products, as hospitals compete for desperately needed masks and ventilators to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus.

As expected, Trump’s EPA and NHTSA gut fuel economy targets

From 46.7mpg to just 40.4mpg by 2026, and it's even less for trucks and SUVs.

If proof were needed that the Trump administration never met an environmental regulation it didn't want to eviscerate, on Tuesday morning the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration published final fuel efficiency rules for new passenger cars and light trucks for model years 2021 through 2026. As has been widely anticipated, the EPA and NHTSA have gutted plans established in 2012 to make the nation's fleet of vehicles more fuel-efficient.

Under the old rules, automakers had to get their fleets to an average of 46.7mpg (5l/100km) by MY2025. As of today, even that not-very-ambitious target is toast. Instead, the US government is only requiring the industry to achieve an average of 40.4mpg (5.8l/100km) by MY2026. Fleet-wide CO2 targets have been similarly watered down; by that same model year, the US passenger vehicle and light truck fleet must meet an average of 199g CO2/mile (124g/km). By contrast, new European Union rules that went into effect this year require EU fleet averages to drop below 153g/mile (95g/km), with massive fines in store for automakers that fail.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts NomisNirrad's Avatar

Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Well, not as crazy as the democrats, SalesServiceGuy and bsm2 that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by NomisNirrad View Post

Well, not as crazy as the democrats, SalesServiceGuy and bsm2 that's for sure!
    Yep crazy that people would want clean Air
    Crazy that people would want clean water
    Crazy that people would want health-care
    Crazy that people would want car that get better gas mileage
    Crazy that people would want fair elections
    Crazy that people would want a President that believed in climate change.
    Crazy that people would want a President that believed in Science
    Crazy that people would want a President that wouldn't lie

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

How to improve forum readability and context ( remove the wheat from the chaff).
    If you have a group of people having a sensible conversation you may like to temporarily remove/ignore all other conversations from the forum.

Click on the persons avatar an click ignore , click okay.
    This will allow relevant groups of people to carry on a chronological conversation without all the distracting chaff.
    I use the ignore function all the time to restore context and proper order which allows me to read the notated forum in a logical sense.

You can choose to read the ignored group just by clicking on their view message button.

Don't forget to click the "remove from ignore list" to restore to full forum reading status.

I wish I could individual program the ignore list for each separate forum, so my default ignore settings become active when I enter the forum... One for Enuerysm the CTN administrator.

( The forum text editor is behaving strange...)
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 03-31-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    How to improve forum readability and context ( remove the wheat from the chaff).
    If you have a group of people having a sensible conversation you may like to temporarily remove/ignore all other conversations from the forum.

Click on the persons avatar an click ignore , click okay.
    This will allow relevant groups of people to carry on a chronological conversation without all the distracting chaff.
    I use the ignore function all the time to restore context and proper order which allows me to read the notated forum in a logical sense.

You can choose to read the ignored group just by clicking on their view message button.

Don't forget to click the "remove from ignore list" to restore to full forum reading status.

I wish I could individual program the ignore list for each separate forum, so my default ignore settings become active when I enter the forum... One for Enuerysm the CTN administrator.

( The forum text editor is behaving strange...)
    I will try it with you.