Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    The ACA insurance was worse in normal care than not being insured. Normal self pay discounts left oweing less than what was patient resposibilty after insurance paid it's part. Granted in an extreme illness, the scales went the other direction but fewer "catastrophic claims" than normal child incidents.

The number of covered is no indicator of being better off. The healthcare system, Health Insurance system, Legal system is broken and needs repaired at it's core.

Insurance compamies discount a claim and pay 30% on average. The healthcare system triples the bills knowing this to get what they originally wanted. The insurance companies advertise the tripled bills saying "see what we are protecting you from"? Our litigious society is so ridden with bogus legal claims that malpractice insurance also inflates charges.

Insurance companies should not be entitled to any discounts that are not available to the general public. Then competition would keep insurance rates in line,

Sorry NO insurance is better?, What a bunch of CRAP. So where's Trump's GREAT PLAN the genius on Healthcare? Right NOTHING! To busy golfing. Oh yeah right after the election! Just like Mexico Paying for the WALL. BS

The good news the next President has a plan
    Last edited by bsm2; 11-02-2019 at 07:06 PM.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Sorry NO insurance is better?, What a bunch of CRAP. So where's Trump's GREAT PLAN the genius on Healthcare? Right NOTHING! To busy golfing. Oh yeah right after the election! Just like Mexico Paying for the WALL. BS
    I am still pretty healthy or maybe I just ignore my problems but recently did the physical with the blood work. I am covered by the employer supplied Blue Cross Blue Shield plan. My share with insurance was more than I would have paid by claiming the self pay discount and writing a check at time of service. That was my only claim for the year. Granted, if I got hospitalized for a week for something, the results would be different but on my normal year, Even never seeing the money withheld for premiums, I would be better without. Factor in the premiums, and I lost bigtime. True, the pendulum will swing the other way some day but kids are pretty healthy for the most part and fit more in my category so saying 400k kids are not covered that used to have "crap insurance" is not as big a deal as it appears to be on a political pie chart.

Bottom line is that if the healthcare/ Insurance system was on the up and up, it would not be the issue that it is. Your hoe was always supposed to be a family's biggest expense. Not their healthcare.

On the ACA subject, it was proposed that if everyone was required to buy health insurance, surely the prices would go down...What dumbass ever thought that would be true? Put the fish all in a barrell and expect the insurance companies not to shoot at them? If someone passed a law that said everyone had to buy a copier from you, are you going to raise or lower your prices?

I am still pretty healthy or maybe I just ignore my problems but recently did the physical with the blood work. I am covered by the employer supplied Blue Cross Blue Shield plan. My share with insurance was more than I would have paid by claiming the self pay discount and writing a check at time of service. That was my only claim for the year. Granted, if I got hospitalized for a week for something, the results would be different but on my normal year, Even never seeing the money withheld for premiums, I would be better without. Factor in the premiums, and I lost bigtime. True, the pendulum will swing the other way some day but kids are pretty healthy for the most part and fit more in my category so saying 400k kids are not covered that used to have "crap insurance" is not as big a deal as it appears to be on a political pie chart.

Bottom line is that if the healthcare/ Insurance system was on the up and up, it would not be the issue that it is. Your hoe was always supposed to be a family's biggest expense. Not their healthcare.

On the ACA subject, it was proposed that if everyone was required to buy health insurance, surely the prices would go down...What dumbass ever thought that would be true? Put the fish all in a barrell and expect the insurance companies not to shoot at them? If someone passed a law that said everyone had to buy a copier from you, are you going to raise or lower your prices?
    Your take on the ACA is wrong. ACA has coverage for any age and any pre exsiting health problems and many other benfits. No caps preventive care etc....

Without it I could not get insurance.

PS I have no kids so why do I pay a school tax? I also pay for police and fire protection yet I never use them? I also paid for mass transit but never use it etc.....
    Everyone's required to buy auto insurnace?
    Everyone's required to buy homeowners insurance if they have a mortgage.
    Average Costs

The average cost of an ER visit can cost you as much as one of your mortgage payments or even a car note. When an emergency medical situation occurs, the first priority is receiving immediate care and hospitals know this. There is little to stop ER departments from charging exorbitant prices for services. For those who don’t have insurance coverage, the rates can be even higher with minorities and patients with little financial resources receiving the greatest hit. The John Hopkins study reports the Southeast and Midwest were the greatest culprits in overcharging for emergency room services.

The average cost for an emergency room visit will vary on whether or not you have insurance. A typical co-pay for emergency room services is $50-$100 which may or may not be waived if you are admitted to the hospital. If you do not have health insurance, an ER visit can cost anywhere from $150-$3,000 depending on the severities of your injuries or illness. In extreme cases where critical care is needed, the charges could be as high as $20,000. If you require an ambulance, the fees can be over $1,000 depending on the service.

Charges for air ambulance services can be even higher. An electrocardiogram charge can range from $18 to $317 but the median charge is $95. With such a wide fluctuation in charges for ER services, it is difficult for a patient to know what kind of bill to expect when going to an emergency room for treatment.
    Last edited by bsm2; 11-02-2019 at 08:33 PM.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Sorry you can't get insurance with your pre-existing conditions. My wife was in the same position with her health. We chose the other side and rolled the dice and took advantage of the self pay discounts at time of service. We (even with the penalties) came out ahead of the game. I know it was a risk but it paid off in our case.

When insurance companies could not adjust rates for pre-existing conditions, they were allowed to rate everyone at the highest risk rates to cover their risk. I don't feel this to be fair.

Requiring the public to purchase insurance did nothing to help the cost. It only made the insurance companies richer. Competition would have been the better approach. Imagine pumping the money wasted on the ACA into facilities such as St. Judes where low or no cost services were offered. I would jump on a plane to receive top notch care that did not wipe me out financially. The availability of such competetive services would keep the local heath care facilities in check with pricing if they literally priced themselves out of existance. If Insurance companies were not guaranteed a buying public, they too would have to be realistic with their rates to survive. Limit malpractice exposure to keep the legal system from their parasitic drain on the system.

You got insurance...good for you. Why does your health issue need to be my problem? The ACA essentially did the following. When the insurance companies tried to mug me and take my wallet in a robbery on the street, they allowed the legal system make me pay for not giving it to them. Makes no sense to me.

The initial thought was about 400K kids with no health insurance. I say "big deal" it is a news headline designed to draw shock value when in reality it means very little.

Forcing the public to buy someone's product did not do a thing to keep healthcare pricing in check no matter what staistics you cite. There were better ways to reach the desired outcome.

Sorry you can't get insurance with your pre-existing conditions. My wife was in the same position with her health. We chose the other side and rolled the dice and took advantage of the self pay discounts at time of service. We (even with the penalties) came out ahead of the game. I know it was a risk but it paid off in our case.

When insurance companies could not adjust rates for pre-existing conditions, they were allowed to rate everyone at the highest risk rates to cover their risk. I don't feel this to be fair.

Requiring the public to purchase insurance did nothing to help the cost. It only made the insurance companies richer. Competition would have been the better approach. Imagine pumping the money wasted on the ACA into facilities such as St. Judes where low or no cost services were offered. I would jump on a plane to receive top notch care that did not wipe me out financially. The availability of such competetive services would keep the local heath care facilities in check with pricing if they literally priced themselves out of existance. If Insurance companies were not guaranteed a buying public, they too would have to be realistic with their rates to survive. Limit malpractice exposure to keep the legal system from their parasitic drain on the system.

You got insurance...good for you. Why does your health issue need to be my problem? The ACA essentially did the following. When the insurance companies tried to mug me and take my wallet in a robbery on the street, they allowed the legal system make me pay for not giving it to them. Makes no sense to me.

The initial thought was about 400K kids with no health insurance. I say "big deal" it is a news headline designed to draw shock value when in reality it means very little.

Forcing the public to buy someone's product did not do a thing to keep healthcare pricing in check no matter what staistics you cite. There were better ways to reach the desired outcome.
    Once again you information about the ACA is incorrect but what do I expect if you not on it. And the Republicans have been quoting misinformation for years about it, When I worked for a company there healthcare picked me up and wife with or with out any existing conditions. The ACA does the same for individuals. There's more too it YOU also benefited from the ACA as it lifted caps for coverage , etc..... the ACA has provided coverage that was unavailable to millions of Americans and continues to do so.

Your When insurance companies could not adjust rates for pre-existing conditions, they were allowed to rate everyone at the highest risk rates to cover their risk. I don't feel this to be fair.
    Lets talk about FAIR. So want to blame someone for getting sick? Its there fault or mistake? No one knows if or when there going to get sick or have some sort of medical illness. As someone that has seen first hand someone that has had a terminal illness and watch them suffer and pass away. Let's talk about whats FAIR!

Since all healthcare are private companies in business to make money, So your logic is to go to a medicare for all and a single payer system and do away with all private healthcare and put them out of business. Good luck with that theory.

Your claim that everyone paid in, NOT so only if you did not have a company healthcare plan. BTW you pay into Society Security if you work? Guess you should opt out of that as your forced to pay into it?

Your plan? Republicans PLAN after 8 plus years is NOTHING?
    Last edited by bsm2; 11-03-2019 at 01:19 AM.

This Just IN

Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump's Wall
    Smuggling gangs in Mexico have repeatedly sawed through new sections of President Trump’s border wall in recent months by using commercially available power tools, opening gaps large enough for people and drug loads to pass through, according to U.S. agents and officials with knowledge of the damage.

The breaches have been made using a popular cordless household tool known as a reciprocating saw that retails at hardware stores for as little as $100. When fitted with specialized blades, the saws can slice through one of the barrier’s steel-and-concrete bollards in minutes, according to the agents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the barrier-defeating techniques.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6ef_story.html

<strong><font size="7">

worker drone 250+ Posts

From personal experience, I have benefitted from the penalty going away. There was some luck and my wife's cooperation and understanding getting through the period of non coverage. My kids had the same experience with and without coverage. The marketplace insurance cost them more out of pocket with than a more serious incident without. As mentioned, I am glad that it worked in your favor. It worked against me. Those stats are bound to happen in any incident. You can't help everyone...

The insurance companies in my opinion stepped up and bought the politicians that were left without bribes when the tobacco industry was wounded and could no longer afford them. They got what they wanted.

Republicans? Democrats? neither side is correct in all cases. But giving away to those unwilling to work at the expense of those that do work is never the answer. It is a moral obligation to lend a helping hand to those in need but I owe the unwilling exactly shit!

What morons on both sides of politics passed laws to require employers to pay insurance on all full time employees and then move the mark of full time from 40 hours a week to 35 could not forsee that employers would cut hours of their workers to save their money? That was common sense and easy to predict in my opinion. Another case of doing more harm than good in an "attempt" to help those more in need. The same way raising minimum wage is only going to put more robots doing the jobs of what used to be a minimum wage position.

As the facts uncovered by the House impeachment inquiry become unimpeachable, President Trump’s desperation grows more palpable. A key White House official’s testimony Tuesday, and the reprehensible response of Trump and his allies, illustrated both trends.Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, an Army officer and the National Security Council’s top Ukraine expert, provided the first testimony from one of the aides who listened as Trump urged his counterpart in Kiev, Volodymyr Zelensky, to launch investigations of political rival Joe Biden and the 2016 election. Vindman testified that he found the call disconcerting enough that he reported it to the council’s lead attorney. He also told lawmakers that a meeting of the two presidents was offered as a quid pro quo for the political probes, supporting the testimony of career officials such as the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, William Taylor, and contradicting that of Gordon Sondland, the Trump donor serving as ambassador to the European Union.

Why be surprised that President Trump and his allies decided to smear the reputation of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, an Army officer and the National Security Council’s top Ukraine expert, who testified that a meeting between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was offered as a quid pro quo for political probes?

Trump, who avoided service in the Vietnam War due to a highly questionable claim of bone spurs, previously smeared the late Sen. John McCain, who did serve in that conflict and was held as a prisoner of war. Trump shamefully claimed that McCain wasn’t a real war hero and asserted that he liked people who weren’t captured. For this so-called commander in chief to now attack Vindman, an Iraq War veteran who received a Purple Heart, shows that he is only capable of bullying those who truly personify a word that historians will never associate with him: courage.
    Last edited by bsm2; 11-03-2019 at 10:34 AM.

TRUMP BEING BOOED AT UFC 244 EVENT A SURPRISE, SAYS POLITICAL SCIENTIST: 'THIS SHOULD BE HIS CROWD'
    President Donald Trump received heavy booing on Saturday night as he attended an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) event in New York City.

Though some cheered upon the president's arrival into Madison Square Garden for UFC 244—who entered alongside his two sons, some high-ranking Republicans, UFC President Dana White and a handful of Secret Service agents—boos dominated from the sell-out crowd, according to videos shared on social media.

Donald Trump Jr. Dismisses Booing at President's UFC 244 AppearanceREAD MORE
    A small anti-Trump protest was also staged outside the arena—New York's most storied venue that lies in the heart of the city that Trump had previously called his home.

A number of people tweeted footage of the booing and added their reactions to the jeering.

Ian Bremmer, a political scientist who founded the Eurasia Group, said: "Honestly surprised to see Trump booed at Ultimate Fighting Championship. This should be his crowd."

It is the second time within a week the president was booed while attending a sporting event after also receiving a raucous reaction from baseball fans in game 5 of the World Series in Washington D.C.

<span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 17px;">

From personal experience, I have benefitted from the penalty going away. There was some luck and my wife's cooperation and understanding getting through the period of non coverage. My kids had the same experience with and without coverage. The marketplace insurance cost them more out of pocket with than a more serious incident without. As mentioned, I am glad that it worked in your favor. It worked against me. Those stats are bound to happen in any incident. You can't help everyone...

The insurance companies in my opinion stepped up and bought the politicians that were left without bribes when the tobacco industry was wounded and could no longer afford them. They got what they wanted.

Republicans? Democrats? neither side is correct in all cases. But giving away to those unwilling to work at the expense of those that do work is never the answer. It is a moral obligation to lend a helping hand to those in need but I owe the unwilling exactly shit!

What morons on both sides of politics passed laws to require employers to pay insurance on all full time employees and then move the mark of full time from 40 hours a week to 35 could not forsee that employers would cut hours of their workers to save their money? That was common sense and easy to predict in my opinion. Another case of doing more harm than good in an "attempt" to help those more in need. The same way raising minimum wage is only going to put more robots doing the jobs of what used to be a minimum wage position.

You can't help everyone... That's the point of the ACA for decades the health insurance companies screwed people by denial health coverage, charged more base on sex , age and family history.

The ACA requires all insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits. Much of it is preventive care that must be provided at no cost. These include well-woman visits, domestic violence screening, and chronic disease management. It also covers lab tests to diagnose diseases, including mammograms and colonoscopies. In addition, maternity and newborn care, and dental and vision care for children is free. Mothers receive time from work and a private room to nurse their babies/express milk. Preventive care cuts costs by identifying and treating diseases before they become emergencies.

This includes treatment for mental health, addiction, and chronic diseases. These patients can be the most expensive to treat, which is why insurance companies try to avoid coverage. If left untreated, many ended up homeless or in prison, which costs the government much more.

The ACA covers services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions. It covers more drug benefits. Of course, traditional insurance coverage, such as emergency room, hospitalization, and outpatient care, is also included.

Another way the ACA provides a safety net is by eliminating lifetime and annual limits. That helps those with chronic conditions get enough insurance to cover treatment. This safety net is critical for hemophiliacs and children with heart problems or cancer.

Obamacare prevents insurance companies from denying you a policy because you have, or get, a health condition. That's known as a pre-existing condition, and it kept millions from getting coverage. Companies can't drop your coverage because you made a mistake on your application, or because you’ve entered a clinical trial for cancer or another life-threatening disease. Plans can’t make you wait more than ninety days before coverage starts. You can appeal claim rejections or other health insurance decisions through your state regulator. Trumpcare retained this portion of the ACA.

The ACA requires that insurance companies spend 85% of all premium dollars for large employer plans on health care services and quality improvement. That drops to 80% for plans sold to individuals and small employers. If insurers do not meet these goals because their administrative costs or profits are too high, they must send rebates back to consumers.

The ACA requires states to make sure the Medicaid payments doctors receive are no lower than payment rates for Medicare. It funds scholarships and loans to double the number of health care providers in five years. It adds funding to attract doctors to the 68% of medically underserved communities in rural areas.

Obamacare establishes a new Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation to create a national strategy to improve health care and lower costs. It creates the Independent Payment Advisory Board to advise Congress on how to extend the life of the Medicare Trust Fund. The Board will target waste in the system. It will recommend ways to reduce costs, improve health outcomes and expand access to high-quality care.

The ACA also targets fraudulent doctor/supplier relationships. It provides $250 million to states to crack down on excessive insurance rate hikes. It also requires background checks of all nursing home staff to prevent abuse of seniors. Obamacare creates the Community First Choice Option. It encourages states to offer home and community-based services to physically challenged individuals through Medicaid. That lowers costs by keeping them out of nursing homes.