worker drone 250+ Posts

Re: Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

Your entire list benefits the minority at the expense of the majority. The healthcare system is broken. The Health Insurance industry is also broken and criminal. Our legal system is badly broken but feeds off of those larger criminal enterprises. Our political system is made up of our criminal legal system. We are doomed to fail. Our problems are deep rooted and the ACA seemed to make an attempt to "prune the weeds". They have made no attempt to correct the corruption. Again, instill competition into the medical and Insurance systems and let them price themselves out of their corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Your entire list benefits the minority at the expense of the majority. The healthcare system is broken. The Health Insurance industry is also broken and criminal. Our legal system is badly broken but feeds off of those larger criminal enterprises. Our political system is made up of our criminal legal system. We are doomed to fail. Our problems are deep rooted and the ACA seemed to make an attempt to "prune the weeds". They have made no attempt to correct the corruption. Again, instill competition into the medical and Insurance systems and let them price themselves out of their corruption.

Your entire list benefits the minority? ACA is Helping Millions of Americans everyday so sorry I Don't think so. Going with No insurance or one of Trump's same old limited benefits crap plans is a disaster waiting to happen should someone become ill. Good luck with your choice.
    Last edited by bsm2; 11-03-2019 at 08:36 PM.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Helping millions of Americans? That is a stat with no backup. There may be millions on the plan but that does not mean it benefits them. We made it therough our period of rolling the dice...Meanwhile we got the notice that my BCBS plan gets worse this year and costs even more. The same effect that most health insurance plans have experienced since ACA because they must rate everyone for the worst case scenario. Granted, my good health has benefitted the insurance company. They get to collect a premium without spending any more than postage on letters explaining what they did not pay. If I had a catastrophic claim, then I get to see the world more from your side but right now, I am spending more for less. Your earlier posts on pricing of ambulance rides, and other procedures was way inflated from what I have seen but those are the numbers they tout to give a warm fuzzy feeling of "look what we are protecting you from". If the insurance companies were not allowed lobbyists, or to contribute to a candidate's campaign fund and the Health care industry was hobbled in the same fashion, I suspect more effort would be made to limit them from raping the public and pricing would fall into line. Everyone has heard the tale of the $30 tylenol. No attempts have been made to corrall the root of the problem. That is my whole contention. I believe that if I were able to capture every dime that was spent in my lifetime on health insurance and add to it the out of pocket expenses I had, and it was placed in an interest bearing account to pay the health expenses along the way, There would be money left over at my death. Again, Insurance is a slight of hand trick that makes the public feel that they pay retail prices and that is what the level of protection is. If the public was allowed to look at a bill, open it and say "nope, I am mailing you a check for 30% of that in it will be considered paid in full" they would see less value in their coverage. Which came first? The chicken or the egg? Did the hospitals overcharge because the insurance industry had the power to name their price or did the insurance companies price on retail but pay wholesale? Again, if they only had to cover realistic charges driven and set by competition rather than an concontrolled pricing structure, and I nsurance companies were required to pay the same medical rates that were available to the public rather than a discounted rate, prices of both products would fall into line.

worker drone 250+ Posts

We are never going to agree on this and that is OK. We had different experiences with the system. I never understood the reasoning behind my being penalized for not buying a product when I was not a drain on the system while those that were a drain benefitted by having coverage they did not have to pay for.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Just how Crazy is Donald Trump!

We are never going to agree on this and that is OK. We had different experiences with the system. I never understood the reasoning behind my being penalized for not buying a product when I was not a drain on the system while those that were a drain benefitted by having coverage they did not have to pay for.
    reason #1

Trump Immigration Policies Lead to Thousands of Mexican Migrants Giving Up on Asylum Claims: DHS

Reason #2

Warren Admits 'Medicare for All' Could Cost America 2 Million Jobs, Insists 'No One Gets Left Behind'

So your work for a copier company that charges hundreds it not thousands of dollars for a service contract. That contract covers all each company pays the same price. So what if Company A never place a service a call on that equipment paid hundreds of dollars and never received a benefit. Then you have Company B and they call once a week and use parts and 100 hours of labor.

Company A never placed a call and cost your company Zero dollars to service for a year. Company B called every week and cost your company thousands of dollars in labor and parts.

Each company paid the same for there coverage. That's how it's works buddy, every pays the same. That's how insurance works.

Another SUCKER for FAKE NEWS SITES.

More WINNING!
    Trump leaves door open to shutting down government before Thanksgiving
    President Donald Trump said Sunday, Nov. 3, that he will not commit to keeping the federal government open past a late-November funding deadline, raising the specter of a shutdown battle as House Democrats expand their impeachment inquiry.

Several top Democrats, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, have voiced concern that Trump may seek to shut down the government to divert public attention from the impeachment battle.

Is anyone surprised that all it takes is a $100 saw to breach Trump’s wall? This whole exercise was a stunt and a sham from the beginning. The only thing the wall has succeeded in doing is tarnishing the image of our nation in the eyes of the world.

Smugglers are sawing through new sections of Trump’s border wall
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...LiaEjqQJOxIwVc

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    So your work for a copier company that charges hundreds it not thousands of dollars for a service contract. That contract covers all each company pays the same price. So what if Company A never place a service a call on that equipment paid hundreds of dollars and never received a benefit. Then you have Company B and they call once a week and use parts and 100 hours of labor.

Company A never placed a call and cost your company Zero dollars to service for a year. Company B called every week and cost your company thousands of dollars in labor and parts.

Each company paid the same for there coverage. That's how it's works buddy, every pays the same. That's how insurance works.

Where do you get this idea that everyone pays the same??? Your statement is Whack!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Helping millions of Americans? That is a stat with no backup. There may be millions on the plan but that does not mean it benefits them. We made it therough our period of rolling the dice...Meanwhile we got the notice that my BCBS plan gets worse this year and costs even more. The same effect that most health insurance plans have experienced since ACA because they must rate everyone for the worst case scenario. Granted, my good health has benefitted the insurance company. They get to collect a premium without spending any more than postage on letters explaining what they did not pay. If I had a catastrophic claim, then I get to see the world more from your side but right now, I am spending more for less. Your earlier posts on pricing of ambulance rides, and other procedures was way inflated from what I have seen but those are the numbers they tout to give a warm fuzzy feeling of "look what we are protecting you from". If the insurance companies were not allowed lobbyists, or to contribute to a candidate's campaign fund and the Health care industry was hobbled in the same fashion, I suspect more effort would be made to limit them from raping the public and pricing would fall into line. Everyone has heard the tale of the $30 tylenol. No attempts have been made to corrall the root of the problem. That is my whole contention. I believe that if I were able to capture every dime that was spent in my lifetime on health insurance and add to it the out of pocket expenses I had, and it was placed in an interest bearing account to pay the health expenses along the way, There would be money left over at my death. Again, Insurance is a slight of hand trick that makes the public feel that they pay retail prices and that is what the level of protection is. If the public was allowed to look at a bill, open it and say "nope, I am mailing you a check for 30% of that in it will be considered paid in full" they would see less value in their coverage. Which came first? The chicken or the egg? Did the hospitals overcharge because the insurance industry had the power to name their price or did the insurance companies price on retail but pay wholesale? Again, if they only had to cover realistic charges driven and set by competition rather than an concontrolled pricing structure, and I nsurance companies were required to pay the same medical rates that were available to the public rather than a discounted rate, prices of both products would fall into line.
    Apparently you have not looked at the employment reports.